Pujols likely DL bound - likely out 4-6 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pujols likely DL bound - likely out 4-6 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tal1286 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:15 am

So I saw on ESPN that the MRI is inconclusive. Obviously I don't know for sure but let's just say this: after the DLee injury, inconclusive=bad.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby masarume » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:55 pm

LOL!

I think inconclusive medically means just that. It means they couldn't get a read. However, when it comes to the media, it could be the Cards trying to really cover up the extent of the injury. If it isn't positive news, it usually is negative.

Be prepared for the long hull (two months) without the free swinging Pujols.

If he returns in 6 or 4, be greatful.

I'm just hoping the entire thing was a scare and that all the million dollar doctors are wrong and Albert will be back in the line @ the end of the 15 days :-D
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:14 am

I heard some report on some XM radio station that supposedly, the Pujols injury is not in fact real. This does make sense seeing how it looked impossible to get hurt on the play he did.

They are saying he tested positive for roids & that this is some type of cover up.

MLB couldnt survive the golden boy being busted for roids right now with all the crap with Bonds.

Just a theory I heard today.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby broomulack » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am

Slow Pitch wrote:I heard some report on some XM radio station that supposedly, the Pujols injury is not in fact real. This does make sense seeing how it looked impossible to get hurt on the play he did.

They are saying he tested positive for roids & that this is some type of cover up.

MLB couldnt survive the golden boy being busted for roids right now with all the crap with Bonds.

So they are going to have him sit out for a month rather than just accept the 10 game suspension? Riiiight. Conspiracy theories abound.
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:22 am

Not a good sign. The Cards don't have any reason to be too honest publicly about his condition unless it's very good news. If it's bad news, you don't want the league to know in case they want to trade for a stopgap player, desperation isn't a good trading position.

Or it could be just inconclusive.... I'd say he's back in 3 weeks best cast, 8 weeks worst case....
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cubs2238 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:51 am

Slow Pitch wrote:I heard some report on some XM radio station that supposedly, the Pujols injury is not in fact real. This does make sense seeing how it looked impossible to get hurt on the play he did.

Anyone that believes that is a complete and utter moron. Just b/c some jerkoff on a sports radio talk show says something, doesn't make it true. Not everything is a conspiracy theory guys.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:11 am

I wonder how the guys at XM would feel if when they bought a new car someone started speculating on the radio openly about whether they were embezzling money at their job. :-? Sure, there may be no proof that they're doing it but I'm sure lots of people embezzling money make expensive purchases like a new car - they must be embezzling as well. :-P
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby noudo25 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:22 pm

This is completely false, there is no way...Albert has already been piss tested three times this year...all were negative for roids.... :-D
Watch me strike this palooka out with my super slow ball...
noudo25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:34 am

read this...cant make up mind if this is some BS someone posted on yahoo which is more than possible, or an actually source stating stuff they heard...decide for yourself

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball ... 179400.php

Also, do I deal Vlad for Pujols in a keeper league? normal cats
CubsFan4Life23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 227)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:53 am

CubsFan4Life23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 227)