Why is my team 7th out of 12 ?!?!?!?!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Why is my team 7th out of 12 ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why is my team 7th out of 12 ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Postby Peter_123 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:48 am

Pudge
Howard
Roberts
A-Rod
Reyes
C.Lee
Burrel
Granderson
Atkins
L. Castillo
C. Barmes ( I currently have a waiver on J.Kent )
M. Alou

Pitchers :

Escobar
J.Johnson
C.Cordero
Dempster
Arroyo
Chacin
Halladay
Janssen
B.Colon

I'm just puzzled as to why i'm in 7th place.
Peter_123
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevekahuda » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:04 am

Maybe you could post the standings in your league. It would help to know how far out you are.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Peter_123 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:07 am

I'm currently in 7th place out of 12 in a 12 team roto league. I don't know if this link will work but this is the only way i know how to post the standings.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... /standings

And by the way i'm Jays Fan 4 life
Peter_123
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevekahuda » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:17 am

It does work. Well, a couple of things. Your hitting is obviously more than fine, but your pitching well... it could use some work. You will catch up in Ks since some of those guys are insanely over the innings limit. You really should carry some more pitchers.

Also, get rid of your dead weight. For instance, drop Barmes. Unless you are Clint Barmes he should not be owned in any but the deepest league. You can pickup better on the waiver wire. I believe Crosby is available. Actually all three of your bench spots are taken up with guys who aren't doing much. Alou is very old and very brittle. If you're going to get an old brittle guy pickup Frank Thomas who is old and brittle but batting fourth and hitting for power. he's also picked up his average significantly in the last month. He's probably a better starter than Atkin is right now.

I would also try and trade one of your big hitter for a power arm. Try and get Pedro or Carpenter. The Greys is starting Corey Patterson, Lee is definitely a big upgrade for him. In leagues without a ton of bench space, I tend to try and have more pitchers on the bench so you can rotate through matchups more easily while maintaining your innings. (i.e. no one starts against the Yankees). Your pitching is definitely your weak spot. Try and get a cheap closer. I see Putz is on your waiver wire. I'm not sure what's happening is Seattle, but try and get their closer.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Peter_123 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:29 am

I'm in the process of dropping barmes for kent, not sure if i'll get him tho.
Peter_123
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team