Please, anyone to the cards!
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:47 am

Last year, the White Sox came very close to acquiring Ken Griffey, and will almost certainly call Cincinnati again, if they haven't already. Another option, if the Orioles decide to put him up for auction, is Miguel Tejada. -- Daily Herald

According to a person with knowledge of the Reds' thinking, they aren't ready to deal Ken Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn. -- New York Post
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Re: White sox getting Rowand back??????? HUH?

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:04 am

yankeessuck11789 wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:I heard a rumor that the Sox are talking about sending Jon Garland to the Phillies for Aaron Rowand? Has anyone heard anything to back this up?

Note: my source is someone who works at US Cellular field on a daily basis...I haven't talked to her yet, so i am not sure where she heard it from.

Yes i live in philly. In the Philadelphia Inquirer i've been hearing Garland and Buerhle for Rowand. I don't know could be just rumors.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/06/r ... _garl.html
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:44 am

Rotoworld wrote:The St. Louis Cardinals have expressed interest in Pirates' first baseman Craig Wilson.
The Cards are looking for someone to play first while Albert Pujols is out. Wilson is available, but the initial asking price (Anthony Reyes) was too much. Jim Edmonds will continue to play first until the Cards can find a replacement. Jun. 9 - 11:18 am et
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:10 pm

I can guarantee you that won't happen. Wilson for Reyes is laughable.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

brewers

Postby ARN » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:52 pm

anyone heard anything regaurding the brewers? most noteable any OF names on their way out?
ARN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Rotoworld wrote:According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Mets and Rockies have discussed swapping Kaz Matsui and Eli Marrero.
The Mets would have to pay the vast majority of the approx. $5 million remaining on Matsui's contract in order to move him. It's unlikely that Matsui would be of much help to the Rockies. Jamey Carroll has been a big surprise so far, and if the Rockies fall out of contention as the season goes on, giving Omar Quintanilla a long look would be a good idea. Jun. 9 - 1:50 pm et
Source: FOXSports.com
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Mets and Rockies have discussed swapping Kaz Matsui and Eli Marrero.
The Mets would have to pay the vast majority of the approx. $5 million remaining on Matsui's contract in order to move him. It's unlikely that Matsui would be of much help to the Rockies. Jamey Carroll has been a big surprise so far, and if the Rockies fall out of contention as the season goes on, giving Omar Quintanilla a long look would be a good idea. Jun. 9 - 1:50 pm et
Source: FOXSports.com

interesting..however, Jamie Carroll is way better then Kaz Mat
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: brewers

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:53 pm

ARN wrote:anyone heard anything regaurding the brewers? most noteable any OF names on their way out?

Yeah, u gotta figure with the Brewer struggles and Lee's big current and coming paycheck that Lee would be out this season if MIL got a deal they liked and Hart would be taking over for him.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Re: brewers

Postby ARN » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
ARN wrote:anyone heard anything regaurding the brewers? most noteable any OF names on their way out?

Yeah, u gotta figure with the Brewer struggles and Lee's big current and coming paycheck that Lee would be out this season if MIL got a deal they liked and Hart would be taking over for him.

yeah ive figured that would happen and ive heard other rumors (no source just like people talking on boards) that clark or jenkins could be on their way out as well (though likely not all three i would imagine unless they are scrapping the rest of the year to get young guys experience).
ARN
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers