MLB trade rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB trade rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby apz » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:23 am

mutto wrote:on sunday night baseball they were constantly talking about carl crawford goin to the angels for ervin santana. any chance the TB trades him?

This sounds like one of the horrible trades I get offered in my league.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dc928 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:23 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Why don't the Dodgers put Perez back in the rotation, or the better idea: call up Billingsley? :-?

Perez has pitched like garbage this season.

The Dodgers rotation right now has Jae Seo, Brett Tomko, and Aaron Sele (though to Sele's credit, he's pitched well) in it; that is a not a playoff calibur rotation, especially if Lowe or Penny cool off.

Call up Billingsley? Who would you rather have down the stretch and in the playoffs: a rookie or a 300+ game winner with 29 postseason starts under his belt?

Maddux, West Coast native, wouldn't cost very much; he can't have too many years left and he's on a 5th place ball-club. This would be a good move for the Dodgers.

Well, with the inconsistent Tomko, Seo (has been horrible), & Sele (pitching beyond himself right now). Also, Penny is ailing right now. They need a vet and probably the rookie. I also think Perez will be reinserted into the roation soon if nothing else to improve his trade value. But who would the Dodgers give up to get 1? Maddux for Guzman (he'd have to move back to SS) or Izturis? I'm just addressing the Cub needs. I've heard Zito the Dodgers too, but I doubt that 1. Seems they would have to give up waaaayyyy to much.

I agreed, I think Dodgers would rather have Maddux as they just trying to buy this year until all of their prospect is ready next year and Maddux is not all that expensive to get....
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ditka311 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Don't forget about the White Sox dealing for Carl Everett and Robbie Alomar at the deadline.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:01 pm

With no assurance Barry Zito and Dontrelle Willis will be on the trading block next month, Greg Maddux could be the focus of a midseason bidding battle that also might involve the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants and Padres. He deserves to pitch in a pennant race, and he'll have that chance as soon as he says the word. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Willis not at wits' end with the Marlins
June 5
USA Today: "This day, the rumor has Willis being traded to the Philadelphia Phillies. Last week it was the Arizona Diamondbacks. And the New York Mets were the flavor of the day last month? Or was it the Yankees? "I get 'em all mixed up," Willis says. "But I don't pay attention. What for? My friends keep calling and say they hear I'm going here. They hear I'm going there."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ocus_x.htm

The latest trade rumor has the Phillies returning centerfielder Aaron Rowand to the Chicago White Sox for righthander Jon Garland. -- Philadelphia Inquirer

Rowand staying in Philly
Philadelphia Inquirer
Inquirer writer Todd Zolecki says there's no way the Phillies will trade outfielder Aaron Rowand back to the White Sox for pitcher Jon Garland.

Bobby Abreu and Pat Burrell are available, Alfonso Soriano can be had and Reggie Sanders probably can be, too. But the Yankees also have their eye on Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn, should either become available. -- Newsday

Wilson will be moved
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
With Pittsburgh's Craig Wilson set to become a free agent at the conclusion of the season, Tribune Review writer Joe Rutter expects to see the veteran first baseman/outfielder, who is unhappy about his lack of playing time, dealt before the July 31 trade deadline.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 56685.html
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby barakaxaxa » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:32 am

NY Sun:
There actually already is talk that if [Houston's] poor play continues, perhaps Clemens would want to be traded to the Yanks, Red Sox or Rangers. Keep in mind Houston was horrible early the past two years, but rallied to win the wild card.

Hah!
barakaxaxa
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:36 am

barakaxaxa wrote:NY Sun:
There actually already is talk that if [Houston's] poor play continues, perhaps Clemens would want to be traded to the Yanks, Red Sox or Rangers. Keep in mind Houston was horrible early the past two years, but rallied to win the wild card.

Hah!

:-b

Theres a paper called the NY Sun? 8-o
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

White sox getting Rowand back??????? HUH?

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:21 pm

I heard a rumor that the Sox are talking about sending Jon Garland to the Phillies for Aaron Rowand? Has anyone heard anything to back this up?

Note: my source is someone who works at US Cellular field on a daily basis...I haven't talked to her yet, so i am not sure where she heard it from.
FBBVirgin
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby westcoast1973 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:46 pm

FBBVirgin: It may help to look 2 posts above yours. It was covered fairly thoroughly.
westcoast1973
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: White sox getting Rowand back??????? HUH?

Postby yankeessuck11789 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:53 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:I heard a rumor that the Sox are talking about sending Jon Garland to the Phillies for Aaron Rowand? Has anyone heard anything to back this up?

Note: my source is someone who works at US Cellular field on a daily basis...I haven't talked to her yet, so i am not sure where she heard it from.

Yes i live in philly. In the Philadelphia Inquirer i've been hearing Garland and Buerhle for Rowand. I don't know could be just rumors.
yankeessuck11789
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Ditka311 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:56 pm

First the Inquirer reported Garland for Rowand, just to shoot the rumor down.

But Garland and Buerhle for Rowand? Something is missing from that equation.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers