MLB trade rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB trade rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:26 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:That was mentioned in this morning's AZ republic. They say Green has a no trade clause though and would have to approve the deal, something they said he's not sure if he would actually do.. his entire family is in the california area.

I like Green and would like to see him stay, so I'm personally hoping this doesn't happen.


wow if he doesn't approve a trade to the Mets

Carlos Delgado is a very good friend of Green's from the Blue Jay years. I doubt he would decline a trade there if it happened.

Besides, if his family is in California I don't see how playing in Arizona equates to playing at home.

:-? Arizona is pretty close to California. New York is not.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:31 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:That was mentioned in this morning's AZ republic. They say Green has a no trade clause though and would have to approve the deal, something they said he's not sure if he would actually do.. his entire family is in the california area.

I like Green and would like to see him stay, so I'm personally hoping this doesn't happen.


wow if he doesn't approve a trade to the Mets

Carlos Delgado is a very good friend of Green's from the Blue Jay years. I doubt he would decline a trade there if it happened.

Besides, if his family is in California I don't see how playing in Arizona equates to playing at home.

:-? Arizona is pretty close to California. New York is not.

Yeah, but if Green's only concern was playing close to home, he never would've allowed the trade from LA to Arizona.

It's like saying Montreal is close to Toronto. If someone I knew was playing out there, I'd still think it was a quite a trek to make it out to games.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:34 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:That was mentioned in this morning's AZ republic. They say Green has a no trade clause though and would have to approve the deal, something they said he's not sure if he would actually do.. his entire family is in the california area.

I like Green and would like to see him stay, so I'm personally hoping this doesn't happen.


wow if he doesn't approve a trade to the Mets

Carlos Delgado is a very good friend of Green's from the Blue Jay years. I doubt he would decline a trade there if it happened.

Besides, if his family is in California I don't see how playing in Arizona equates to playing at home.

:-? Arizona is pretty close to California. New York is not.

Yeah, but if Green's only concern was playing close to home, he never would've allowed the trade from LA to Arizona.

There are some parts of California that are closer to Phoenix than LA. Not to mention, that moving from LA to Phoenix, even if not in the same state, is not really moving "away" if his family is in SoCal anyways.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 pm

Green was quoted in the NY papers today saying that he would consider a trade to NY. He has a mutual option for next year (which I doubt the Mets would pick up anyway) so it's not like he'd be stuck in NY if he hated it.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:14 pm

Amazinz wrote:Green was quoted in the NY papers today saying that he would consider a trade to NY. He has a mutual option for next year (which I doubt the Mets would pick up anyway) so it's not like he'd be stuck in NY if he hated it.


Wish Ari could trade both Gonzo & Green.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8530
(Past Year: 134)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:39 am

Heard an interesting rumor... Vernon Wells is a FA after next year. He's from Dallas, still lives there, all his extended family too. Word is, Wells is going to sign with the Texas Rangers and even though it's a no no, Wells (or his agent or lawyer or whoever) and the Texas Rangers have a verbal agreement on the #s of the deal, and that not even a ridiculously higher offer from the BJs, NY or whoever is going to keep Wells from signing with Texas. Evidently, like Clemens, playing at home is his highest concern.

Gets more interesting, the BJs evidently know this, and are seriously considering trading him this off season to get something of value for him before they lose him after next year. Also, apparently, if they can, they will try to deal him to Texas, and Texas would like to do it, but there's also a sense of why trade a prospect for what you're going to get next year anyway.

If true, that will probably means the Rangers won't resign Carlos Lee, and Maybe even Gary Mathews Jr., both free agents this off-season. I can't see tthe Rangers being able to afford new Lee and Mathew deals, and then a Wells contract, even if it's under market price. Wells isn't going to sign for the minmum, just below what he'd get on the open market.

I also heard four rumors about the Angels that may be all related.
(1) the Angels are hot for Mathews Jr. in the FA Market.
(2) Unless Kendry Morales earns it fast, Garrett Anderson may play a lot of first base next year. GA, despite his aches and pains, prefers the field to DH and the Angels are thinking firstbase is a good compromise between his wishes and their thinking OF is taking too much out of him.
(3) Longer term,. the Angels want to transition Vladdy to first base believing it'll keep his legs a bit fresher as he gets older while still leaving the DH slot open, but the transition may be slow, just a few games next year. a few more the next, so on and so on.
(4) The Angels are prepping a "deal-they-can't-refuse" involving players and a ton of cash in a deal to get Miggy Cabrera, and then sign Cabrera to an A-Rod Esque long term deal.
(5) The Angels local TV contract is expiring at the end of next year, and the Angels intend to get Miggy Cabrera and/or break out the checkbook in the FA market this offseason to load up for a serious title run so that the new TV deal is made when the Angels are red hot. They've got the cash for this because (A) they're existing TV deal isn't awful. (B) They are near the top in home attendance and are flush with cash as it is, and (c) they've already got a good young core of the team still early into their first relatively cheap contracts, so what holes they have will be filled by writing big checks this offseason.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:52 pm

Shawn Green will reportedly waive his no-trade clause for a chance to play for the Mets.

With Carlos Quentin ready to take over, the Diamondbacks are eager to move Green and his $9.5 million salary for next season. The Mets would like Arizona to take on at least half of the salary before they will trade for him. Preston Wilson, who was waived by the Astros, is also a player the Mets might have interest in acquiring to improve their outfield.
Source: Newsday
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8530
(Past Year: 134)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:47 am

Soriano placed on waivers...nothing expected to happen.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:53 pm

Hinske was pulled from the starting lineup just before tonight's game and he's now rumoured to be involved in trade talk Boston: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5879162

While Hinske has been an extremely valuable player agaisnt right handed pitching this season, I really wouldn't care what the Red Sox give in return if they do in fact pay all of his salary for the next two seasons.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:25 pm

mweir145 wrote:Hinske was pulled from the starting lineup just before tonight's game and he's now rumoured to be involved in trade talk Boston: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5879162

While Hinske has been an extremely valuable player agaisnt right handed pitching this season, I really wouldn't care what the Red Sox give in return if they do in fact pay all of his salary for the next two seasons.



Scott Schoeneweis was just traded to the Reds. 700 WLW
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8530
(Past Year: 134)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact