Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm

Havok1517 wrote:CLIFF FLOYD to the Tigers???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/06/c ... d_to_.html

He gonna play DH or what? they got a solid OF right now. But I could see that trade happening Mets dont have a need for him since he isn't hitting that great anyways

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:19 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:CLIFF FLOYD to the Tigers???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/06/c ... d_to_.html

He gonna play DH or what? they got a solid OF right now. But I could see that trade happening Mets dont have a need for him since he isn't hitting that great anyways

Not sure, I guess he's a better option than Young in LF right now. Thames has been decently hot but Det never wants him to be their starter evidently.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:51 pm

slomo007 wrote:Why don't the Dodgers put Perez back in the rotation, or the better idea: call up Billingsley? :-?

Perez has pitched like garbage this season.

The Dodgers rotation right now has Jae Seo, Brett Tomko, and Aaron Sele (though to Sele's credit, he's pitched well) in it; that is a not a playoff calibur rotation, especially if Lowe or Penny cool off.

Call up Billingsley? Who would you rather have down the stretch and in the playoffs: a rookie or a 300+ game winner with 29 postseason starts under his belt?

Maddux, West Coast native, wouldn't cost very much; he can't have too many years left and he's on a 5th place ball-club. This would be a good move for the Dodgers.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:10 pm

davidmarver wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Why don't the Dodgers put Perez back in the rotation, or the better idea: call up Billingsley? :-?

The Dodgers rotation right now has Jae Seo, Brett Tomko, and Aaron Sele (though to Sele's credit, he's pitched well) in it; that is a not a playoff calibur rotation, especially if Lowe or Penny cool off.

Call up Billingsley? Who would you rather have down the stretch and in the playoffs: a rookie or a 300+ game winner with 29 postseason starts under his belt?

Maddux, West Coast native, wouldn't cost very much; he can't have too many years left and he's on a 5th place ball-club. This would be a good move for the Dodgers.

Well, with the inconsistent Tomko, Seo (has been horrible), & Sele (pitching beyond himself right now). Also, Penny is ailing right now. They need a vet and probably the rookie. I also think Perez will be reinserted into the roation soon if nothing else to improve his trade value. But who would the Dodgers give up to get 1? Maddux for Guzman (he'd have to move back to SS) or Izturis? I'm just addressing the Cub needs. I've heard Zito the Dodgers too, but I doubt that 1. Seems they would have to give up waaaayyyy to much.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Crawford may go to the Dodgers. Dodgers have shown interest, just depends if Tampa Bay feels like they want to call up Delmon or Dukes by the trade deadline.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:39 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Crawford may go to the Dodgers. Dodgers have shown interest, just depends if Tampa Bay feels like they want to call up Delmon or Dukes by the trade deadline.

What are the Dodger going to do with all their prospects then? I like Crawford but their need is in a SP, not an OF. Though Crawford could play CF. But they still have a logjam in Dodger OF as is.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Crawford may go to the Dodgers. Dodgers have shown interest, just depends if Tampa Bay feels like they want to call up Delmon or Dukes by the trade deadline.

What are the Dodger going to do with all their prospects then? I like Crawford but their need is in a SP, not an OF. Though Crawford could play CF. But they still have a logjam in Dodger OF as is.

They do have good prospects, but their whole starting OF atm is expendable. Lofton, Cruz Jr, Drew can all be gone in place of crawford, kemp and i guess either maybe?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:53 pm

No way they trade crawford, they'd have to get ALOT of prospects back in return for him. Tampa is already a soild young teama nd Crawford is a key piece. He sint going anywhere

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:59 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Well, with the inconsistent Tomko, Seo (has been horrible), & Sele (pitching beyond himself right now). Also, Penny is ailing right now. They need a vet and probably the rookie. I also think Perez will be reinserted into the roation soon if nothing else to improve his trade value. But who would the Dodgers give up to get 1? Maddux for Guzman (he'd have to move back to SS) or Izturis? I'm just addressing the Cub needs. I've heard Zito the Dodgers too, but I doubt that 1. Seems they would have to give up waaaayyyy to much.

How bout that??? ;-D

Rototimes

Odalis Perez will return to the Dodgers' rotation and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Jae Seo has been sent to the pen. Perez allowed three runs in 8 1/3 innings as a reliever after losing his rotation spot last month. Fantasy leaguers will likely want to keep him reserved against the Mets, but he should go back to having considerable value in NL-only leagues. Mixed leaguers will definitely want to keep an eye on him. Jun. 3 - 5:47 pm et
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers