The Jered Weaver fan club starts now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Jered Weaver fan club starts now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WittyC » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:41 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
WittyC wrote:Man... it's a sticky situation there in ANA. A problem that a lot of clubs would like to have, though. They've got four pitchers quality pitchers and now a young kid who looks like he's the real deal. I certainly hope Jered stays up... lord knows my team with Harden and Sheets on the DL needs more starts like tonight!

Ervin Sanatan is a quality pitcher?...I must have missed that memo.

He's pretty serviceable. Certainly good enough to be starting in the bigs as a #4 guy as he is now, and with improvement he could be a pretty darn good #3 or low-end #2. I bet the Yanks would love to have him in their rotation right now! :-b
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:43 pm

His delivery is very deceptive and he has great control, pitchers like that usually do very well the first few times around the league. He should be pretty good regardless, but I'd say that's a big reason for his success so far.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Wade Boggs' Mustache » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Definitely a sticky situation for the Angels, but if he goes out and pitches well against TB (the weakest team against righties) next week, what do you tell the kid who's just gone 3-0 with a miniscule ERA and is striking out a batter/inning. "Well Jered, you've pitched lights out and have really helped this ballclub, but we're gunna have to send you back down to AAA until we have another injury." I just can't see that happening. Basically, he's auditioning for a spot in the rotation until Colon is back and TB might be his last shot before that.
Wade Boggs' Mustache
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eazyb81 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm

Wade Boggs' Mustache wrote:Definitely a sticky situation for the Angels, but if he goes out and pitches well against TB (the weakest team against righties) next week, what do you tell the kid who's just gone 3-0 with a miniscule ERA and is striking out a batter/inning. "Well Jered, you've pitched lights out and have really helped this ballclub, but we're gunna have to send you back down to AAA until we have another injury." I just can't see that happening. Basically, he's auditioning for a spot in the rotation until Colon is back and TB might be his last shot before that.

So if they keep Weaver up, who goes down? Santana?
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby Wade Boggs' Mustache » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm

The one thing that stuck with me most was his control. Seemed like whenever he wanted to go low and outside with his fastball, it was right on the money. He keeps his WHIP down, we're gunna be in for a nice little ride this year, assuming he sticks around. One particular at bat I remember was against Peralta in the 1st. Down in the count 3-0, throws 2 fastballs right on the corner of the plate and then strikes Peralta out with a curveball in the dirt on a 3-2 count...Confidence.
Wade Boggs' Mustache
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wade Boggs' Mustache » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:51 pm

eazyb81 wrote:
Wade Boggs' Mustache wrote:Definitely a sticky situation for the Angels, but if he goes out and pitches well against TB (the weakest team against righties) next week, what do you tell the kid who's just gone 3-0 with a miniscule ERA and is striking out a batter/inning. "Well Jered, you've pitched lights out and have really helped this ballclub, but we're gunna have to send you back down to AAA until we have another injury." I just can't see that happening. Basically, he's auditioning for a spot in the rotation until Colon is back and TB might be his last shot before that.

So if they keep Weaver up, who goes down? Santana?

This is why I'm not a manager for the Angels and I just speculate. ;-)
Wade Boggs' Mustache
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:02 pm

I think either his brother will go to the bull pen or he will be sent back down to AAA. Ervin though he has a 4.5+ ERA, has a 1.24 WHIP which to me says he is pitching well and just needs to do a little better with runners on. The rest of the rotation is fine and doesn't deserve to be taken out.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jayman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:04 pm

What is the angels healthy rotation?

Lackey, Colon, Escobar, Santana, Jeff Weaver (not in that order obviously)?

I say, brother Jeff goes to bullpen, some other dude, not listed above, goes down.

If Jered keeps pitching good, there is no way he's going down.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:39 am

I am going to say Santana goes to pen for now, until the Jeff gets blown up a few more times.

For those of you who call Jered a #4 now & potentially a very good #3, I think you guys are selling the big 6'7 Dream Weaver Take 2, short.

He seems to have very good #2 written all over him.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cobbs87 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:29 am

I have Jered and "Fatolo." This situation is very intriguing to me.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers