The All-Cafe Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The All-Cafe Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The All-Cafe Team

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:22 pm

All-Star balloting has got me thinking about who would be on the All-Cafe team....The team should consist of players who are consistantly hyped up on these forums. The players who rarely encounter criticism in the cafe because of their "hype" and potential. Most players on this team will be the young and talented, but still somewhat unproven. Remember, its not necessarily the best players.

My All-Cafe team would look something like this:

C Joe Mauer
1B Ryan Howard
2B Chase Utley
3B David Wright
SS Jose Reyes
OF Jason Bay
OF Carl Crawford
OF Miguel Cabrera(OF eligible in Yahoo! leagues)
UTIL Travis Hafner

SP Cole Hamels
SP Felix Hernandez
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Derrick Turnbow
P Francisco Liriano
P Scott Kazmir
P Justin Verlander

Feel free to post your All-Cafe team.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1478
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Behind the plate calling a perfect game

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:25 pm

I thought this was going to be a thread about making a baseball team from Cafe members... :-D

Example...

C- Madison
1B- Arlo
2B- Mookie

etc... :-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:32 pm

I thought Crawford was a player the cafe in general considered a bit overrated? I certainly recall lively debate on the matter.

Reyes gets criticised in terms of real life baseball, though his fantasy value is obvious. Felix? I guess you missed the 'King Felix is Dog Dookie' thread then.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:35 pm

BritSox wrote:I thought Crawford was a player the cafe in general considered a bit overrated? I certainly recall lively debate on the matter.

Reyes gets criticised in terms of real life baseball, though his fantasy value is obvious. Felix? I guess you missed the 'King Felix is Dog Dookie' thread then.


Post your team then. Don't be lazy. Most of my decisions on who to include are based on how many threads I see about the players when they are playing well. I guess it's not just concerned with this year, but rather the last couple of seasons. Felix was HUGE on this site last year, and Crawford and Reyes have recieved their fair share of hype the past few seasons as well.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1478
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Behind the plate calling a perfect game

Postby Doughhead » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:16 pm

I wouldn't mind having that team. ;-)
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4368
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The All-Cafe Team

Postby WittyC » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:31 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:My All-Cafe team would look something like this:

C Joe Mauer
1B Ryan Howard
2B Chase Utley
3B David Wright
SS Jose Reyes
OF Jason Bay
OF Carl Crawford
OF Miguel Cabrera(OF eligible in Yahoo! leagues)
UTIL Travis Hafner

SP Cole Hamels
SP Felix Hernandez
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Derrick Turnbow
P Francisco Liriano
P Scott Kazmir
P Justin Verlander

Feel free to post your All-Cafe team.


Actually... that's pretty much dead on! ;-D
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1096
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dillon, CO

Postby DK » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:36 pm

You missed Matt Riley.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:26 pm

Image
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
______________
"Major League Baseball's most storied franchise, winning 26 World Series titles in 39 appearances"!
The Big Stick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 593
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At The Stadium With The Bleacher Creatures.

Postby BritSox » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:48 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
BritSox wrote:I thought Crawford was a player the cafe in general considered a bit overrated? I certainly recall lively debate on the matter.

Reyes gets criticised in terms of real life baseball, though his fantasy value is obvious. Felix? I guess you missed the 'King Felix is Dog Dookie' thread then.


Post your team then. Don't be lazy. Most of my decisions on who to include are based on how many threads I see about the players when they are playing well. I guess it's not just concerned with this year, but rather the last couple of seasons. Felix was HUGE on this site last year, and Crawford and Reyes have recieved their fair share of hype the past few seasons as well.


Well, yeah, Felix was big last year. But so was Barmes, and I wouldn't say he's hyped anymore. The pro-Bay threads were a specific reaction to the numerous 'what's wrong with Bay' threads.

C Kenji Johjima
1B Ryan Howard
2B Chase Utley
3B David Wright
SS Bill Hall (This was a hard one. Would have said Clint Barmes based on last year, but he's disappeared off the fantasy radar. Maybe Felipe Lopez?)
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Matt Holliday
OF Miguel Cabrera(OF eligible in Yahoo! leagues)
UTIL Travis Hafner

SP Cole Hamels
SP John Patterson
RP Ryan Dempster
RP Derrick Turnbow
P Francisco Liriano
P Jeremy Bonderman
P Kelvim Escobar
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby DevilDriver » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:49 pm

cole hamels is hyped-up like crazy here at the cafe :-° :-D
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 6:26 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact