Trade Help... Ethics question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Help... Ethics question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:38 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
lbbaseball14 wrote:Rugby what the H-E double hockey sticks are you talking about??? Remind me to never play in a league with you? Are you trying to say the trade should go through? I dont believe this thread asked for your opinion of me... just simply your opinion on if the trade should go through or not. It's people like you that ruin the cafe. Post your opinion on what was asked and move on buddy. Smile Rugby, everything will be ok one day. Have a nice day. :-)

This thread asked about ethics, and you are being unethical.

He's not being unethical. Alot of time in real life trades are made that the commish office doesnt approve and instead of reworking those deals they just dont happen. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind. Happens all the time.

I disagree. They agreed to a trade. A technical error/stupid mistake made it not go through the Yahoo system. Sure, you can tell the guy, "Too bad. Screw you and your error, I don't want to do it anymore," but that sucks. Make the deal you agreed to.

(I think you should both be forced to do it, actually, since there was an offer and acceptance. He should not be allowed to weasel out of a trade on a technicality, either.)

I disagree with Rugby here.

This person "forgot" to put in a player to drop. I didn't even know that Yahoo allows that to happen, but if it does, that is this person's mistake, plain and simple. As far as I would be concerned, the trade is null and void. If they wants the trade back, they need to resubmit it, and if the other person does not want it, that person is well within his rights to refuse the trade.

Furthermore, Rugby, I'm not sure why you are saying that lbbaseball is "rationalizing". He is listening to our opinions, and forming his own, based on those opinions, and whatever opinions he is getting elsewhere. This is called being open minded. As fraquar has said, it is basically shades of grey. Heck, none of us knows which player is going to do better. Either one could win or lose no matter which way the trade goes.

Before you listen to my opinion though, you should know where I am coming from. I'm not as high strung league. I would be willing to nullify a trade if the person I am doing the trade with asks me to. Generally, I feel the trade isn't really final until it is actually done. The guy who had Matsui traded him. The trade officially went through the day before his injury, so it was final. If he had been injured while the trade was in its 3 day waiting period, I'm sure the trade would have been voted down, and I'm sure the person who was trading Matsui away would have been one of the people to vote the trade down.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:02 pm

CadensDad wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
lbbaseball14 wrote:Rugby what the H-E double hockey sticks are you talking about??? Remind me to never play in a league with you? Are you trying to say the trade should go through? I dont believe this thread asked for your opinion of me... just simply your opinion on if the trade should go through or not. It's people like you that ruin the cafe. Post your opinion on what was asked and move on buddy. Smile Rugby, everything will be ok one day. Have a nice day. :-)

This thread asked about ethics, and you are being unethical.

He's not being unethical. Alot of time in real life trades are made that the commish office doesnt approve and instead of reworking those deals they just dont happen. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind. Happens all the time.

Commish intervention and unabashed buyer's remorse are two wholly different subjects; only the latter is present here.

quitesanemax wrote:Furthermore, Rugby, I'm not sure why you are saying that lbbaseball is "rationalizing". He is listening to our opinions, and forming his own, based on those opinions, and whatever opinions he is getting elsewhere. This is called being open minded.

The post that I said was a rationalization was exactly that. He threw the original question of ethics right out the window, not mentioning it once in that post, and focused solely on the fact that he would not accept the trade because of buyer's remorse. Because his hindsight is 20/20, its OK to not stand up to his offer. That sounds like rationalization to me.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers