Ben Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ben Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dc928 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:11 pm

ravenmad22 wrote:He's the ace of my DL.

Now I have Rich Harden joinning him now....ACE DL lineup. So far this year, I have Jose Contreas, C Hamels, Rich Harden, Mark Prior and Ben Sheet in my DL this year. Granted, Mark Prior I pick him up in WW last week and Ben Sheets is via a trade for M Ordenez...but still........ :-t
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stromadd » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:16 am

...that can join my list of Oswalt, Sheets, and Patterson...
stromadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PBRmeASAP » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:39 am

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/artic ... 60306.html

A few days old, but it doesn't look so good. The author Drew Olsen has been covering the Brewers for years so he normally has a pretty good read on things. There's been a few whispers coming out that Sheets really doesn't work out much at all and that could be contributing to some of his problems.

The last cople paragraphs are not encouraging...

Brewers owner Mark Attanasio, who signed Sheets to a franchise-record $38.5 million deal, is no doubt learning to accept that injuries as part of the business. The ineptitude of the replacements, however, can't look any better from California than it does from Cudahy. Attanasio didn't amass his fortune by waiting for things to happen. The Brewers have waited a month for Sheets to show signs of improvement and he has not. That could change tomorrow. It could change next week. If it doesn't change soon, the Brewers may reach a point where somebody has to decide "enough is enough," book a date for arthroscopic surgery and start focusing on 2007 rather than 2006.

When it comes to shoulder injuries, the standard protocol is to try to strengthen the area with a combination of rest, exercise and anti-inflammatory medication. Surgery is always a last resort, but it is one the Brewers and their fans may have to prepare for sooner rather than later.

:-o :~(
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 pm

PBRmeASAP wrote:http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/artic ... 60306.html

A few days old, but it doesn't look so good. The author Drew Olsen has been covering the Brewers for years so he normally has a pretty good read on things. There's been a few whispers coming out that Sheets really doesn't work out much at all and that could be contributing to some of his problems.

The last cople paragraphs are not encouraging...

Brewers owner Mark Attanasio, who signed Sheets to a franchise-record $38.5 million deal, is no doubt learning to accept that injuries as part of the business. The ineptitude of the replacements, however, can't look any better from California than it does from Cudahy. Attanasio didn't amass his fortune by waiting for things to happen. The Brewers have waited a month for Sheets to show signs of improvement and he has not. That could change tomorrow. It could change next week. If it doesn't change soon, the Brewers may reach a point where somebody has to decide "enough is enough," book a date for arthroscopic surgery and start focusing on 2007 rather than 2006.

When it comes to shoulder injuries, the standard protocol is to try to strengthen the area with a combination of rest, exercise and anti-inflammatory medication. Surgery is always a last resort, but it is one the Brewers and their fans may have to prepare for sooner rather than later.

:-o :~(

Yikes! Ok...strike Sheets off the list of pitchers to target in my keeper league unless the asking price (a first round pick + another pick) comes WAY down.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates