Ben Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ben Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:43 pm

I need him back. I feel bad for whoever has him and AJ Burnett since it seems that both of them just decided to take a summer vacation.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:00 pm

Interesting article. I like this comment someone posted-

RIGHT NOW I WOULD TRADE BEN SHEETS FOR A 6 PACK OF MOUNTAIN DEW AND A USED JOCK STRAP! "ACE OF THE STAFF"! WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE!

:-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 pm

No time table on when he throws his first bullpen session but I've seen reports that it will be 3-4 weeks AFTER the first bullpen session. So even if he went out to throw a bullpen session this week it would still be some time in July most likely.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Don G. » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:16 pm

WOW....that sucks....luckily i picked him up off the WW when someone dropped him...and all I lost was Rodrigo Lopez (don't ask why I had him on my team to begin with)......so I'm not mad but it sucks to see such a good pitcher sitting around hurt...he's an exciting guy to watch play when he's healthy....i hope he comes back soon for MLB's sake.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:25 pm

Don G. wrote:WOW....that sucks....luckily i picked him up off the WW when someone dropped him...and all I lost was Rodrigo Lopez (don't ask why I had him on my team to begin with)......so I'm not mad but it sucks to see such a good pitcher sitting around hurt...he's an exciting guy to watch play when he's healthy....i hope he comes back soon for MLB's sake.

Couldn't agree more! The guy is a uniquely talented pitcher that combines very good dominance with ridiculous control. Even this year he's put up 28k's to 1bb. It's like with Pujols and even Mark Prior - you really wish you could see what they could do in a full healthy season this year. :(
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Don G. » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Couldn't agree more! The guy is a uniquely talented pitcher that combines very good dominance with ridiculous control. Even this year he's put up 28k's to 1bb. It's like with Pujols and even Mark Prior - you really wish you could see what they could do in a full healthy season this year. :(

Yeah, that walk to K's ratio is ridiculous. It's sounding more and more like he'll probably be back after the all star break. If we can have him back for the second half of the season that would be great. Talk about a nice boost to your lineup. Hopefully it happens sooner, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ravenmad22 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:31 pm

He's the ace of my DL.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:35 pm

I read that article this morning. One thing I do not understand is why he won't get another opinion or two or three. Obviously your shoulder is sore and one doctor tells you nothing is wrong, wouldn't you go seek a second opinion?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mikhayl » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Yoda wrote:I read that article this morning. One thing I do not understand is why he won't get another opinion or two or three. Obviously your shoulder is sore and one doctor tells you nothing is wrong, wouldn't you go seek a second opinion?

My favorite part of the article is at the end where the author says that Brewer fans need to get used to the idea of surgery for Sheets. Surgery to repair what???
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:54 pm

mikhayl wrote:
Yoda wrote:I read that article this morning. One thing I do not understand is why he won't get another opinion or two or three. Obviously your shoulder is sore and one doctor tells you nothing is wrong, wouldn't you go seek a second opinion?

My favorite part of the article is at the end where the author says that Brewer fans need to get used to the idea of surgery for Sheets. Surgery to repair what???

They're just going to cut him open for the hell of it and see what they find. ;-7
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates