Cliff Lee? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Lee?

Postby Howie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:24 am

Many of us drafted Cliff Lee thinking he would improve on last year's already solid numbers. However, he has turned out to be a bust, so far. Do you guys see him turning it around, or just being a mediocre WW quality pitcher for the rest of the year?
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:36 am

Rumors are going around that he's tipping his pitches. If you're in a keeper or contract league, give him time but do it on your bench. I think this will get worked out.

Of course, I've also heard that his fastball has no more life to it. If that's the case, then God help us all.

:-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby psflipper » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:38 am

I really thought this guy would be a good starter this year. I traded Burrell for him before the season started and that trade is killing me as I watch Matsui, Damon, and Beltran all deal with injuries. I'm holding on to him for a bit longer but with half my starters also injured I can't keep him on the bench forever.
psflipper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:11 pm

I'm hoping he gets back into form. It's not like the Indians aren't giving him run support. I have heard too that he might be tipping his pitches. Once he gets that worked out, hopefully he'll go right back to his old self. Especially since I just traded Sheets for him. :-]
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WessWackos » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:18 pm

Lee is on my WW in a 10 Person League

10 Team H2H Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, W, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

BATTERS: J. Willingham Fla-C, , C Utley (Phi-1B,2B), R Weeks (Mil-2B), A. Ramirez (ChC-3B), F. Lopez (Cin - 2B,SS), M Cabrera (Fla-3B,OF), J Damon (NYY-OF), B Abreu (Phi-OF)
K. Griffey (Cin-OF), J Edmonds (Stl-OF), DL D Lee (ChC-1B),

PITCHERS: SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P R Harden (Oak-SP), R Halladay (Tor-SP), D Willis (Fla-SP), K Escobar (Ana-SP), A. Otsuka (Tex-RP), M. Gonzalez (Pit-RP) T Jones (Det-RP). R Clemens (NA-SP)
DL B Colon (ANA-SP), E Gagne (Lad-RP) DL
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:26 pm

It seems to me that everytime a pitcher gets rocked , the ole "tipping my pitches" card gets played. I don't know if he is or isn't. I do know that I can't see him being as bad as he's been all year. I would say buy him low right now, as he will get better. He didn't look bad the 1 time I saw him this year.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Well I brought the subject of CLiff Lee up pre-season. Having owed him last year I noticed he was very erratic and had a tendency to beat up on bad teams and get shelled by good offensive ones. Also he appeared to be one lucky SP out there imo. The warning signs wer ethere, which is why I avoided him in every league. I just hink he is simply very medicore.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikegp » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:18 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Well I brought the subject of CLiff Lee up pre-season. Having owed him last year I noticed he was very erratic and had a tendency to beat up on bad teams and get shelled by good offensive ones. Also he appeared to be one lucky SP out there imo. The warning signs wer ethere, which is why I avoided him in every league. I just hink he is simply very medicore.

Agree completely. One of the reasons I traded him in my keeper leagues during the offseason.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:23 pm

mikegp wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Well I brought the subject of CLiff Lee up pre-season. Having owed him last year I noticed he was very erratic and had a tendency to beat up on bad teams and get shelled by good offensive ones. Also he appeared to be one lucky SP out there imo. The warning signs wer ethere, which is why I avoided him in every league. I just hink he is simply very medicore.

Agree completely. One of the reasons I traded him in my keeper leagues during the offseason.

The original thread for anyone interested.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 06&start=0
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers