Corey Patterson/Frank Thomas - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Patterson/Frank Thomas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:21 am

In my points league patterson isn't worth anything since OF is so deep.

However, Thomas is. I picked him up just to start him at UTIL last night over Aramis who wasn't playing. He hit a bomb so I'm happy!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Patterson always had potential with the Cubs. Then he had the injury in 2003 and never recovered IMO while in Chicago. He is playing nicely and I think he can keep it up.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:12 pm

I picked him up while Rowand was injured so that he could be my stay on the bench, and sub in as a 4th OF.

Then Pierre kept sucking, and Patterson has beautifully played his way into my lineup.

With that way he is playing, I could see him staying there as I am looking to trade Pierre to someone
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HYLRedSox » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:10 am

Once Patterson cracked that OF in Baltimore and played well, he has been solid. I'm mad that my buddy snagged him a day or two before I was going to. There's no way this guys SHOULDN'T snag 50 bags. He has 21 already. He's also hitting a respectable .291 in 141 (will go down tonight after an 0-5 night). His OBP is a .340, which isn't bad, so the opportunities will be there. And as people have said, he's basically running anytime second is open. He certainly could be a candidate for WW gold of the year.

As for Thomas, I was eyeing him early as a possible sleeper candidate. But then his average couldn't get above the .220 range. He's batting .364 with 3 homers and 6 RBIs the last week, so he's clearly on a bit of tear. Another homer tonight puts him at 13. The power is obviously there, but I'd like to see that average raise a little bit. If it does, I may be inclined to grab him.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers