Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anthony Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anthony Reyes

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:23 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:What do you guys think...has he earned the right to stay in thier rotation? Or does he get sent back down when Carp comes back?

I keep seeing that he will get sent back down..C'Mon...I think he has deserved a spot.... :-?

If Carp is healthy this weekend (He's supposed to be), then Reyes is going back down. The talk in StLouis is that Marquis/Suppan might be dealt sometime in July, but will have to wait and see.

Probably true, but I would not mind seeing Reyes and Wainright in the rotation over Suppan and Marquis.

If we are not going to use Reyes we should trade him and some other guys for a good corner outfielder. Can you say Miguel Cabrera? :-D

Miguel Cabrera is not an outfielder. The Marlins had to put him there because of Lowell, but he wasn't good at outfield, nor like playing there.

True. I was mostly kidding but I would not mind seeing it happen. I think Jose Guillen is a likely possibility though, but we should/will not trade Anthony Reyes for him.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anthony Reyes

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:41 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:What do you guys think...has he earned the right to stay in thier rotation? Or does he get sent back down when Carp comes back?

I keep seeing that he will get sent back down..C'Mon...I think he has deserved a spot.... :-?

If Carp is healthy this weekend (He's supposed to be), then Reyes is going back down. The talk in StLouis is that Marquis/Suppan might be dealt sometime in July, but will have to wait and see.

Probably true, but I would not mind seeing Reyes and Wainright in the rotation over Suppan and Marquis.

If we are not going to use Reyes we should trade him and some other guys for a good corner outfielder. Can you say Miguel Cabrera? :-D

Miguel Cabrera is not an outfielder. The Marlins had to put him there because of Lowell, but he wasn't good at outfield, nor like playing there.
Defensively he isn't much of a 3B either. ;-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Postby clevername » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:48 am

Los_Dodgers wrote:Wow I hate the Cardinals pithing. Carp is great, and Mulder is decent, but its absolute garbage after that. They need a guy like Reyes for a little extra jolt of youth.

yeah, the Cards are really kicking themselves over the pitching staff they've assembled that's been remarkably stable and led them to two straight 100 win seasons and the best record in the NL so far this year. It's just garbage.

:-B

Reyes' time is coming. It may be this year if a trade occurs...but if not, the staff has 4 free agents after this year. Reyes will be in the rotation next year. Until then, he should start in Memphis and serve as an insurance policy for any injuries and spot start as he has for Carp. It may not make fantasy players happy (and I own him myself), but it makes the most sense for the team.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Birds05 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:08 pm

yeah, the Cards are really kicking themselves over the pitching staff they've assembled that's been remarkably stable and led them to two straight 100 win seasons and the best record in the NL so far this year. It's just garbage.

Thanks for the dose of sanity in this thread, c-name. ;-D

Reminder to those whining about Marquis/Suppan -- this is a formula that works (for now). Fantasy vs. the real thing = very different.

Here's to Marquis stringing together a few more good starts so we can pacakge him for a badly needed OFer. Then bring up Kid Reyes for good.
Birds05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:37 pm

Birds05 wrote:Here's to Marquis stringing together a few more good starts so we can pacakge him for a badly needed OFer. Then bring up Kid Reyes for good.
I seriously doubt Marquis can bring the OF the Cards need in a trade. Even if he goes on one of his runs and put together some good starts, who is going to trade for an impending FA? Answer: teams in the playoff hunt. And Marquis is not the type of pitcher playoff bound teams are looking for.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers