Anthony Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anthony Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anthony Reyes

Postby bryan1327 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:00 pm

What do you guys think...has he earned the right to stay in thier rotation? Or does he get sent back down when Carp comes back?

I keep seeing that he will get sent back down..C'Mon...I think he has deserved a spot.... :-?
"I am a shining example...of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby perlick29 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:50 pm

Going into the season I thought he could've been their second or third best pitcher. He's earned the right to stay, but unless someone goes down for an extended period of time, he'll be shuttled back and forth. Larussa loves his vets.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anthony Reyes

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:28 am

bryan1327 wrote:What do you guys think...has he earned the right to stay in thier rotation? Or does he get sent back down when Carp comes back?

I keep seeing that he will get sent back down..C'Mon...I think he has deserved a spot.... :-?

If Carp is healthy this weekend (He's supposed to be), then Reyes is going back down. The talk in StLouis is that Marquis/Suppan might be dealt sometime in July, but will have to wait and see.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:48 am

As long as Carp, Mulder, Suppan, Marquis and Ponson are healthy Reyes will be in AAA.

Not that I don't think the Cards would trade Suppan or Marquis but I don't think they can get anything worthwhile for them. Both are middle of the road starters who are free agents next year. The only reason to trade one would be to land an impact bat. I doubt either one would bring that in a trade. There has been rumors about dealing Mulder since he should get the most in return and would be the most difficult to sign.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:50 am

RAmst23 wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:What do you guys think...has he earned the right to stay in thier rotation? Or does he get sent back down when Carp comes back?

If Carp is healthy this weekend (He's supposed to be), then Reyes is going back down. The talk in StLouis is that Marquis/Suppan might be dealt sometime in July, but will have to wait and see.

Probably true, but I would not mind seeing Reyes and Wainright in the rotation over Suppan and Marquis.

If we are not going to use Reyes we should trade him and some other guys for a good corner outfielder. Can you say Miguel Cabrera? :-D
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Los_Dodgers » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:03 am

Wow I hate the Cardinals pithing. Carp is great, and Mulder is decent, but its absolute garbage after that. They need a guy like Reyes for a little extra jolt of youth.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:47 am

Stupid Cardinals

They call him up he pitches well they send him back down
they call him up he pitches well again and they send him back down

I think on any other team this guy would be starting full time
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bryan1327 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:58 am

sent back down....(sigh) :~(
"I am a shining example...of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:56 am

bryan1327 wrote:sent back down....(sigh) :~(

Sad but true...

[quote="KFFL"St. Louis Cardinals SP Anthony Reyes has been optioned to Triple-A Memphis, according to USAToday.com.[/quote]
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:20 am

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:

Probably true, but I would not mind seeing Reyes and Wainright in the rotation over Suppan and Marquis.

If we are not going to use Reyes we should trade him and some other guys for a good corner outfielder. Can you say Miguel Cabrera? :-D

Miguel Cabrera is not an outfielder. The Marlins had to put him there because of Lowell, but he wasn't good at outfield, nor like playing there.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers