Get out the Fork. Bedard is officially DONE. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Get out the Fork. Bedard is officially DONE.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mile High Ballers » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:10 am

Mazzone needs to beat Bedard with a rubber hose!
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby powenM » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Maybe we shouldnt overate this Mazzone. I think the credit for all those good Atlanta SPs should go to JShuholtz and his key FA pkups & developing.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:11 pm

powenM wrote:Maybe we shouldnt overate this Mazzone. I think the credit for all those good Atlanta SPs should go to JShuholtz and his key FA pkups & developing.

Please, how can you dismiss the talent of a man who developed the best pitching staff of the 90s based on the inability of one pitcher to become an ace? So Bedard not becoming Greg Maddux or John Smoltz must mean Mazzone is a fraud... :-o
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby powenM » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
powenM wrote:Maybe we shouldnt overate this Mazzone. I think the credit for all those good Atlanta SPs should go to JShuholtz and his key FA pkups & developing.

Please, how can you dismiss the talent of a man who developed the best pitching staff of the 90s based on the inability of one pitcher to become an ace? So Bedard not becoming Greg Maddux or John Smoltz must mean Mazzone is a fraud... :-o

Whoa it was just a suggestion...Maybe we should?

And its not just EBedard whose mechanics look messed up. The rest of the staff has shown no improvement or has degressed even more.

Either he needs more time or he's had his time.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:36 pm

powenM wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:

Whoa it was just a suggestion...Maybe we should?

And its not just EBedard whose mechanics look messed up. The rest of the staff has shown no improvement or has degressed even more.

Either he needs more time or he's had his time.

I'm just saying the main reason is probably that the pitchers on that staff are just not good. If Mazzone could turn any staff into something even close to what he had in Atlanta then he would be worth his weight in gold. Granted, I was hoping for improvement in Cabrera and Bedard, but there is no way that you can expect one coach to turn a pitcher who has been coached for many years into an ace in 6 months.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TMAC2DARAKBABY » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:20 pm

EBedard is a good prospect & BChen(a solid prospect himself whose always had good stuff but just couldn't seem to put it together) was turning the corner last year.

Enter Leo....

he messed with Chen's head when he was in ATL, so not really surprised on that front. Leo has NEVER been good with young pitchers, best with experienced "reclamation projects". Guys like Chris Hammond, Mike Remlinger, etc. His stud SP's over the years were gonna have good stats anyway; Leo just kept them focused. McDowell is doing a good job with SP this year but the pen is "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Look for Schuerholz the Magician to pick up someone for out there midseason.
TMAC2DARAKBABY
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates