Get out the Fork. Bedard is officially DONE. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Get out the Fork. Bedard is officially DONE.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Get out the Fork. Bedard is officially DONE.

Postby Slump Busters » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 pm

I sat back and watched him get pounded the last few outings and read all the hate mail. I thought I would at least give him the Tampa Bay game tonight to prove himself. To this point in the season he has pitched well at home and has done very well against Tampa the two times he faced them in April. So I get on to check stats and see he is lifted after 3 innings, after giving up a HR, 5 Runs. :-t :-P !+) I deserve the Loss just for being stubbon enough to think Leo Mazzone is a pitching god and could bring Bedard back to his form of late July last year. Goes to show that anyone looks good with Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and company in the rotation.

Sorry had to vent.
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mile High Ballers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:36 pm

I feel your misery. I stuck the fork in Bedard 3 outings ago... And it pissed me off then too. I was betting more this year on him. Won't make that error again. Peace.
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fuj » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:47 pm

not sure if this will change your opinion.. but he wasnt pulled after 3innings.. he had to leave because there was a substantial rain delay in the game.. both starting pitchers (kazmir) were lifted after the extended delay.
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Prooks25 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:57 pm

fuj wrote:not sure if this will change your opinion.. but he wasnt pulled after 3innings.. he had to leave because there was a substantial rain delay in the game.. both starting pitchers (kazmir) were lifted after the extended delay.

That's actually not true...Bedard came back out after the long rain delay and pitched horribly. Kazmir did not come back out after the rain delay.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:29 am

I threw him overboard after his KC blow up. The guy isn't much of a stud anyways, so if he can't pitch well against KC, I don't want him in my team.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mgblues » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:08 am

I also heard he came back after the delay & pitched horribly. I had him & dumped him after his "must start 2-start week" where he sucked ass both times out. I picked up Jered Weaver.

I won't bet on him or Mazzoni again, that's for sure.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fuj » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 am

o.. my mistake. he did pitch after the delay. someone just dropped this guy and i was about to pick him up.. but now i have my doubts.
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby damonhater » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:53 am

I gave up on Mazzone after i inserted DCAB the first game and was reward with and era of 4.2 million
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:10 pm

i'd like to stab him with a fork
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jaxmc1023 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:52 am

Pitchers always pitch horribly after a long rain delay... but yeah Bedard sucks. If Mazzone can't straighten out that staff then they got major issues.
jaxmc1023
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates