Carlos Delgado (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Delgado (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:21 pm

Delgado has had some bumps and bruises but nothing serious enough that you can attribute his performance to it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm

ARCH wrote:Delgado still only hitting .216 against left handers and just .251 overall. I also can't see him hitting many more than 30 HR's or 100 RBI's. That's pathetic considering he's hitting clean up in that lineup.

He's also sitting more and more against lefties.

30 and 100 is pathetic? Wow! Considering Delgado has NEVER been a 50 homer guy that quite the bold statement. Also, like others have said, he is quite streaky. a couple years ago he was injured for part of the year and it looked like there was no way he would get to 30 and 100. he went on a tear in Sept and Aug and ended up with 33 and 99. He still may impress. But I wouldn't consider 30 and 100 a bust.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NZF » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:04 pm

Finishes the season with a .265 BA and just a .226 BA against lefties. When you're right, no one remembers.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:46 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
ARCH wrote:Delgado still only hitting .216 against left handers and just .251 overall. I also can't see him hitting many more than 30 HR's or 100 RBI's. That's pathetic considering he's hitting clean up in that lineup.

He's also sitting more and more against lefties.

30 and 100 is pathetic? Wow! Considering Delgado has NEVER been a 50 homer guy that quite the bold statement. Also, like others have said, he is quite streaky. a couple years ago he was injured for part of the year and it looked like there was no way he would get to 30 and 100. he went on a tear in Sept and Aug and ended up with 33 and 99. He still may impress. But I wouldn't consider 30 and 100 a bust.

I'm not taking any sides here, but do you employ a selective reading technique? ARCH's quote was "That's pathetic considering he's hitting clean up in that lineup." The Mets do have a pretty stacked lineup, so 100 RBI flat isn't much impressive from their cleanup hitter.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:56 pm

J35J wrote:Career .282 hitter, very streaky in that category from year to year.

1996 .270 down
1997 .262 down
1998 .292 up
1999 .272 down
2000 .344 up
2001 .279 down
2002 .277 down
2003 .302 up
2004 .269 down
2005 .301 up
2006 .251 down

His power numbers are all still there for the most part, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit. .290-.300 35 110 next year. Just the way he goes..... and just the reason I don't usually have him on my team.

Jason

Summed up nicely. I agree, for some reason I never have him on the team and this is why.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NZF » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Wow. What a post season debut from the 34 year old.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:12 pm

How does this urt Delgado in anyway. The wayt onloy thing I thinjg is Delgado being the the guy everyone thought he would woud be ge the tyhe man

Delago is the man.... justthe man ...then the the bast for best ever////
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

NZF wrote:Finishes the season with a .265 BA and just a .226 BA against lefties. When you're right, no one remembers.

Alriht Noone renmmenerbers....no one remmebers...DEalgado is them damn!!!!!! Delgado Is still the the man to deal with it./.....DealDELGADO takes them to thye playoffs
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NZF » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:36 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
NZF wrote:Finishes the season with a .265 BA and just a .226 BA against lefties. When you're right, no one remembers.

Alriht Noone renmmenerbers....no one remmebers...DEalgado is them damn!!!!!! Delgado Is still the the man to deal with it./.....DealDELGADO takes them to thye playoffs

8-o
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:38 am

NZF wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

8-o

Maybe he was drinking? O:-)

Anyways, big congrats to Delgado today with a great debut on the biggest stage of his career so far. I hope he gets a shot at the championship with the Mets. He deserves it after going through all those years with the Jays with absolutely no team success.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers