Deadbeat owner, free Yahoo H2H league. Advice? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deadbeat owner, free Yahoo H2H league. Advice?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deadbeat owner, free Yahoo H2H league. Advice?

Postby Hork42 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi all,

We have one owner whose roster was auto-drafted, they have not logged into their account since to manage their team. They are sitting with roster spots open (they drafted too many pitchers and not enough position players)

When questioned if he would be participating in the league, he replied that he would not have time to do it. So the decision was made to have a dispersal of his team.

12 team league, so after 11 weeks once he has played everyone once, we are going to have a draft, serpentine style with a lottery based draft order. Last place getting the most "ping-pong balls" ala the NBA...

The commishioner will then release any remaining players and leave the roster empty. (or if necessary pick up inactive players and place them on the bench... I think Yahoo lets you carry empty roster spots though..)

So in theory each player who faces him for the rest of the season will get a Bye week... 14-0-0. Hopefully there are no ties, which is a possibility since one of the categories is CG.

Is what we are doing the right thing to do? Can anyone see any potential problems? It is a private league and there are no takers for his team.
Hork42 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:18 pm

I would definitely not release any players off of the roster. I would just set the roster as best you can right now and then lock it. Zeroing his roster out isn't fair to those who have already played him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:19 pm

That sounds like a pretty fair plan IMO if everyone agrees. We did something like this in a fantasy hockey league I participated in this past season.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Amazinz wrote:I would definitely not release any players off of the roster. I would just set the roster as best you can right now and then lock it. Zeroing his roster out isn't fair to those who have already played him.

Completely agree. You can't release the players...just have to lock changes and let it ride.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mrkrab2003 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:22 pm

sounds like a dumb idea, why release more players in a already small league? These type of leagues take 0 skill.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mile High Ballers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:33 pm

I'll play one more league , If ya need the help...
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers