Leagues with under 12 teams in it - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Leagues with under 12 teams in it

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Leagues with under 12 teams in it

Postby mrkrab2003 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:08 pm

What is the point of being in small leagues like this? Im in one now out of the 3 leagues im in and it is so boring. You could build a team out of the players in the FA pool that would compete.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

expand the rosters. for a 10-team, a 20-start, 5-bench, 2-DL roster works great.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby great gretzky » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:51 pm

I don't think its boring. It is called "fantasy" baseball. So from one perspective, it should be filled with a ridiculous team that wouldn't exist in real life.

And expanding the rosters has the same effect as exapanding the teams anyway. Just add more pitchers, and play with a MI, CI, IF position.

I think the shallower leagues can have their own element of difficluty--if everyone is active an knows their stuff. Your projections have to be on, and it gets harder and harder to trade out of a predicament, because you have to pay that much more to get incremental improvement.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pokeyjoe » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:08 pm

great gretzky wrote:I don't think its boring. It is called "fantasy" baseball. So from one perspective, it should be filled with a ridiculous team that wouldn't exist in real life.

And expanding the rosters has the same effect as exapanding the teams anyway. Just add more pitchers, and play with a MI, CI, IF position.

I think the shallower leagues can have their own element of difficluty--if everyone is active an knows their stuff. Your projections have to be on, and it gets harder and harder to trade out of a predicament, because you have to pay that much more to get incremental improvement.

I play in a ten team league, and I don't find it boring at all.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugrila » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:13 pm

10-12 team leagues are good but once you get down to 8 thats where I start to lose interest.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:29 pm

I play in a 9-team money league with my friends from school and we just expanded the rosters so that it was the equivalent player pool to a standard 12-team league and its working fine.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moose32 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:01 pm

i have a 10 team league of friends that works great cause everyone stays active
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:45 pm

I like 14 the best.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:46 pm

The more teams the better. I'm in a 12 team league (22 player roster) and that seems about right, because it's just at the point where (unless you're real lucky) you can't just have a star-packed roster and let it ride all year. I'm in first place in my league by a decent margin right now, but even now, I have weak areas and I'm having to drop and pick up people to stay on top.

To me (besides draft preparation) it's that all season struggle to find just the right lineup at anyone time to stay at the top or get to the top that makes it fun... And since we're a long-running 6 player keeper league, even if you're in the cellar, you can start strategizing and making moves for the next year and beyond... Back when I sucked years ago and was way out of the running, I took REAL EARLY flyers on barely known guys like Miggy Cabrera, Carlos Zambrano and Carl Crawford and had them as keepers before they were really ready for prime time and those decisions are paying off now.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:46 pm

Note to Mods:

'Exhibit B' in my lobby for a Great Debates Forum B-) One I had forgotten to mention, to boot.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers