Tough one here........Pirates fans.......Freddy... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tough one here........Pirates fans.......Freddy...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tough one here........Pirates fans.......Freddy...

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:52 pm

What is going to happen to Freddy Sanchez when Randa is back healthy? There is no way they can bench this guy is there for the over the hill stiff Randa, please tell me Tracy isnt considering this move....
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:30 pm

Tracy ain' t that dumb... I think. Even if he is, Sanchez will probably get his bats in a utility role. The big question is, is this just a hot streak, or has Sanchez upped his game?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SwingandaMiss » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm

stupid idiots keep saying that randa is their 3b when he comes back, no matter what....i wish someone would smack them upside their heads...sanchez has been awesome....a couple of more hits today....if they sit him, they deserve to lose....

who knows if this is just a hot streak or if he has turned a corner....only time will tell...
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:43 pm

Well since last August till now, Sanchez has the highest batting average in all of baseball over that time.

If Randa is just handed that job, the Pirates could truely be the dumbest franchise in baseball.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Even an idiot knows you ride a player on a hot streak as long as the hot streak lasts. It's not like Randa is the Pirate's future or anything. There's zero reason to put Sanchez on the pine while he's hitting like he is.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SwingandaMiss » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:57 pm

well, randa has taken quite a long time to come back from this bone bruise...what a pus....hopefully the pansyass continues to cry for his mommy....
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mile High Ballers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:04 pm

I've been wondering the same. If Sanchez finds the pine, then Tracy ought to be shown the door. I'll be interested to see how they handle that whole deal.
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 pm

I imagine that when Randa comes back he won't be given the job immediately. He'll be asked to pinch hit, maybe fill in as a defensive substitution, and give Sanchez a rest every 5 or so games. After about a week or two Tracy should have a good idea as to whether Sanchez can keep his hitting up or if Randa deserves the full time slot.

I can't imagine Sanchez will sit for Randa immediately, but he might be spelled to prevent exhaustion down the stretch or an early visit to the rookie wall.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 149)

Postby mak1277 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:05 pm

I have a few comments on this topic:

1) Dave Littlefield is the one saying Randa will start when he returns.

2) Tracy has said no such thing to my knowledge. I think if Freddy sits, it's a GM-level decision, not a managerial move by Tracy.

3) Freddy can hit, plain and simple. I mean, he's not going to hit .350 for the full year, but .310 is very realistic, with a little pop (12-15 HRs). Plus, with the rest of the offense clicking, he should be good for solid runs/RBIs.

I would be absolutely sick if Freddy got benched for Randa. Some quotes from Randa himself seem to say the same thing. I think at least he wouldn't be a jerk about it if Sanchez did continue to start.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:04 pm

Randa's a decent player, but he's past his prime (unlike Sanchez) and the only logical reason a GM would force Randa in over Sanchez (while Sanchez is hitting so well) is that he's afraid the owner may fire him for having a high salary guy on the bench.... Surely Tracy can go over the GM's head and protest that though?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers