Will the Jays ever sweep a series?.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Will the Jays ever sweep a series?..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsguy80 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:29 pm

The more the jays fail to sweep a series the hungrier they will get. Don't worry guys they'll sweep a series soon i bet it'll be against a very unlikely team though. Once we get the first series sweep then all the other ones will start coming we just gotta break the ice first...soon hopefully lol

Look on the brightside this is the Jays best start to a season since 1993

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:34 pm

There are some good news for this week. The Yanks and Sox play each other. ;-D 4 games. :-° A split looks really good.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:17 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:There are some good news for this week. The Yanks and Sox play each other. ;-D 4 games. :-° A split looks really good.

I don't know. The Yanks are pretty banged up right now. :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:03 am

Anyone starting to have doubts about Gibbons' managing skill?

He left Chacin out too long yesterday, there was the whole thing about not using Ryan in the 8th, the criticism about using Glaus at third and generally the whole staff management.

Anybody else having a few doubts creep in?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Anyone starting to have doubts about Gibbons' managing skill?

He left Chacin out too long yesterday, there was the whole thing about not using Ryan in the 8th, the criticism about using Glaus at third and generally the whole staff management.

Unfortunately...yes. :-/

Me and weir discussed a little bit about it last week on one of the game commentary threads...It was the game against Boston in which Gibbons didn't bring Ryan to face Nixon and Varitek.Varitek ended up hitting a 3 run bomb off Speier.

I think Gibbons has not managed the bullpen all that well and to make matters worse, the bullpen has struggled. SS seems to be on the game to help people get on base and Frasor to help them get home runs. :-t

Gibbons did a really good job last year with all the platoons the Jays had and he has done well in that department this year too. Good to see that the Jays didn't take too long to give Rios a full-time job, even though Hisnke has not been that bad.

I also remember one game about a week ago, the sunday game against the White Sox, Vernon Wells bobblehead day :-D , Gibbons decided to start the runners 1st and 2nd with one out in the inning with Glaus on the plate...man, it's Troy Glaus, prolly the only Jay in the lineup he can't hit and run with cuz of Glaus's proness to strikeout.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:29 pm

All that stuff is no worse than bringing Scott Downs into a 9th inning game with 2 on and nobody out in Anaheim instead of BJ... :-o

Ryan has actually been used a lot in the 8th this season though, far more than most closers in the league. And I think it's debatable whether he left Chacin out there too long. The guy was pitching great through 4 innings, and Gustavo has a tendency to get those much-needed ground ball DP's. He was just trying to get a win for him there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:33 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:

Unfortunately...yes. :-/

Me and weir discussed a little bit about it last week on one of the game commentary threads...It was the game against Boston in which Gibbons didn't bring Ryan to face Nixon and Varitek.Varitek ended up hitting a 3 run bomb off Speier.

And BJ was warming up in the bullpen as well, he could have easily brought him in. :-/ Luckily, they won the game in the next inning anyway.

Gibbons hasn't managed the bullpen well at all this year, that's for sure. Hopefully that will change as this season progresses.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:51 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:I also remember one game about a week ago, the sunday game against the White Sox, Vernon Wells bobblehead day :-D , Gibbons decided to start the runners 1st and 2nd with one out in the inning with Glaus on the plate...man, it's Troy Glaus, prolly the only Jay in the lineup he can't hit and run with cuz of Glaus's proness to strikeout.

The element of surprise :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:I also remember one game about a week ago, the sunday game against the White Sox, Vernon Wells bobblehead day :-D , Gibbons decided to start the runners 1st and 2nd with one out in the inning with Glaus on the plate...man, it's Troy Glaus, prolly the only Jay in the lineup he can't hit and run with cuz of Glaus's proness to strikeout.

I beg him not to surprise me anymore. :-)

Glaus struck out in that at bat and Catalanotto got thrown out at third. :-B
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:49 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

Th element of surprise that day was when I showed up at 12:20 and they had already run out of the bloody dolls.. :-[

On my birthday no less. I'm just sayin'..
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Blue Jays