Sheffield to DL: Possibly out for the season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheffield to DL: Possibly out for the season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevekahuda » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:42 pm

mm92280 wrote:Once he officially has the surgery, you should drop him. There's no reason to keep him around when he's going to be gone for 3 months. Likewise, there's no telling whether or not he will be effective in September IF he comes back then.

he's on the can't cut list in Yahoo :~(
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:44 pm

Lets see the Yankees are playing their all around best baseball since who knows when.

Why are we picking up another of??
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby smooth906 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:56 pm

stevekahuda wrote:
mm92280 wrote:Once he officially has the surgery, you should drop him. There's no reason to keep him around when he's going to be gone for 3 months. Likewise, there's no telling whether or not he will be effective in September IF he comes back then.

he's on the can't cut list in Yahoo :~(

He's not in my league. I think they just took him off recently.
smooth906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Johnny Vodka » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:06 pm

he is droppable in yahoo as of today I think. This really sucks because it could have been avoided. It's not even his original injury that this is for...it is for when he came back too early and got hurt again...
Johnny Vodka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:38 pm

The Yankees don't need anyone else. Melky can handle LF, and between Bernie and Thompson, RF will be fine until September. A trade would be a bad idea.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 pm

uucrook3d wrote:they would have to give up hughes or package j brent cox with a batting prospect.... probably would take hughes though

Hughes to get Aubrey Huff?

:-b

If that's what Tampa is thinking, they need to drop the crackpipe. The Yankees could be ok with Bernie/Thompson platooning in right field. A minor trade to acquire some depth wouldn't hurt though. If they can give up next to nothing to pick up a decent player to fill in RF for some games, that'd be great.

Otherwise, they should dedicate their focus to pitching, if anything. They still have an awesome offensive team. Getting a replacement RF/LF is not what this team needs.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby MrE » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:46 pm

uucrook3d wrote:they would have to give up hughes or package j brent cox with a batting prospect.... probably would take hughes though

For Huff?

Let me say that again...

For Huff?

.182 Huff?

2 homeruns and .280 slugging Huff?

Yearly depreciation for 3 years Huff?

There is no way Aubery Huff nets Hughes who is actually a legitimate Yankee pitching prospect with ace-capability. The kid has a golden arm, and for an organization trying to rebuild on the farm, there is zero chance they give up their best prospect for a nobody. I would expect them to trade for a salary dump well before giving up Hughes for Huff.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:02 pm

blankman wrote:The Yankees don't need anyone else. Melky can handle LF, and between Bernie and Thompson, RF will be fine until September. A trade would be a bad idea.
I dunno if they really want Bernie Williams in right, given his lack of arm strength. I mean, that would be one pathetic defensive OF.

'Course, I don't know if Huff would be that much better....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:07 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
blankman wrote:The Yankees don't need anyone else. Melky can handle LF, and between Bernie and Thompson, RF will be fine until September. A trade would be a bad idea.
I dunno if they really want Bernie Williams in right, given his lack of arm strength. I mean, that would be one pathetic defensive OF.

'Course, I don't know if Huff would be that much better....

They've also got Bubba Crosby. With him, they have a pretty damn good defensive OF with excellent range. Its a much, much bette defensive OF than they started the season with.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby uucrook3d » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:41 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:

Hughes to get Aubrey Huff?

:-b

If that's what Tampa is thinking, they need to drop the crackpipe. The Yankees could be ok with Bernie/Thompson platooning in right field. A minor trade to acquire some depth wouldn't hurt though. If they can give up next to nothing to pick up a decent player to fill in RF for some games, that'd be great.

Otherwise, they should dedicate their focus to pitching, if anything. They still have an awesome offensive team. Getting a replacement RF/LF is not what this team needs.

not saying that huff is worth hughes, but ever since the rays got kazmir all they try and do is fleece teams. so if the yanks were to ask for huff i would bet money that the rays would ask for hughes or j brent cox+a hitter. just my .02...

on a seperate note, any new news on sheff. are him or matsui going to return in time to make an impact?
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates