Nevin now a Cubbie! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nevin now a Cubbie!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rentz » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:16 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:whatever happened to the "nevin no trade clause". i seem to remember him rejecting trades every year when he was in san diego.

his no trade clause only included a few teams, one reason he was traded to texas is because they werent on his no trade list like baltimore was.
so i can only assume the cubs either werent on the list, or he accepted the trade.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:45 am

I don't like the Cubs playing for this year. Getting Nevin doesn't help them in the future. Not that Hairston was going to be a huge help, but I want to see the Cubs start playing for the future. Get rid of guys like Wood and Prior to contenders for prospects. Just one Cub fan thoughts.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:25 am

RynMan wrote:How much playing time does this give Botts? And is he a legit power hitter? 20-25 dingers within reach?

No idea about PT, but Botts had 25 HR in 510 AB at AAA last year, 24 in 476 at AA the year before. He has plenty of pop. Whether or not he's a viable option for this season all depends on how well he can adjust to the pitching at the next level. Probably a good idea to keep an eye on him, though! ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nolanwood » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:36 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I don't like the Cubs playing for this year. Getting Nevin doesn't help them in the future. Not that Hairston was going to be a huge help, but I want to see the Cubs start playing for the future. Get rid of guys like Wood and Prior to contenders for prospects. Just one Cub fan thoughts.

OUCH! :-P I'd rather see a managerial shakeup (i.e. Hendry, Baker, Clines, Rothschild) before dumping Prior and Wood for prospects. I can see Woody giving a hometown discount in the future, and provided he remains healthy the rest of the season, that sounds great to me. Maddux is the one responsible for changing Wood's mechanics and mindset recently. If you've noticed, in his return this season he hasnt been relying on a bunch of fastballs and a breaking pitch. He's done a great job at changing things up and catching guys off guard. I think, provided he remains healthy, that Woody would be one to keep. Prior would possibly make nice trade bait for a big bat. Also keep in mind Z's contract more than likely won't be locked up until spring '07, so Hendry is gonna need to solidify pitching knowing theres a chance Z might not return.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers