Bonds, again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds, again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MyAddidas » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:37 pm

This is ridiculous. The question was posed to him whether he was upset over Zambrano's antics. What exactly is wrong with what he said?

"I don't get upset about things like that, brother. He will learn respect eventually. I promise you,"; "He'll learn respect, I guarantee that.''

I don't see those comments as a threat to Zambrano or the Cubs at all. The Giants and Cubs don't play again this year barring a playoff matchup which seems unlikely with the Cubs 5.5 games out of the wildcard with 4 teams ahead of them.

Bonds will always be hated by a percentage of people who want to dislike the guy but he is who he is and he doesn't try and candy-coat it for the fans, media or anyone. Dislike him for what he is off the field but the only reason anyone even knows who Bonds is, is due to his on the field skills. Enjoy them, and be happy you will be able to say you saw this guy play.
MyAddidas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:14 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Either way, nothing can be done about when they played but I will say this: I guarantee that most of the people saying that Bonds is better than or equal to Ruth are under 30 and definitely under 40.

Well, I'm 28 and I think Ruth is the best that ever played the game. Bonds is the best right now, but Ruth is the best ever.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:55 pm

Madison.......No offense intended if any was taken. What I meant was that IMHO there is a wide range of ages thinking that Ruth was the best player ever while those who think that Bonds is are probably younger and don't have a lot of players to compare him to.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:08 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Either way, nothing can be done about when they played but I will say this: I guarantee that most of the people saying that Bonds is better than or equal to Ruth are under 30 and definitely under 40.

Well, I'm 28 and I think Ruth is the best that ever played the game. Bonds is the best right now, but Ruth is the best ever.

i'm 17 and i think that Ruth was the best in the 20's and 30's and now Bonds is the best from 86-03
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:12 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Madison.......No offense intended if any was taken. What I meant was that IMHO there is a wide range of ages thinking that Ruth was the best player ever while those who think that Bonds is are probably younger and don't have a lot of players to compare him to.

I wasn't offended at all. ;-) I was just showing that a few of us youngsters actually have looked at the stats, read the articles, and studied the game enough to know that Ruth is better than Bonds. ;-)

I actually agree with you that the majority of Bond's supporters are probably the younger generation. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:15 pm

I think i like Bonds so much is becuase i see him play. from hitting 30 hr (1997) to 73 (2001). But liek that one guy said while back who saw Ruth and Bonds...

"IF you saw Ruth then you would know why he is the greatest"/

I never saw ruth... :~(

:~( Too many good players that i have never see. ... most yankees...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers