Bonds, again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds, again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 am

blankman wrote:BTW- isn't the body armor on his elbow that he and some other players wear supposed to be illegal?

his was a little big so he cut it down, he has it because if hit right elbow are gets hit then his baseabll days could be over forever. Alot of players have them... like 1/3 of all players have some form of protection. He has been using it for along time so i dont know why you would bring this up :-o
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:15 am

pkarr5000 wrote:I cant wait till he retires. :-t

You won't be saying that when he "retires" across the Bay as a DH for 2 or 3 years, before finally hanging them up. He plays cus he loves to play. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:28 am

JRRNeiklot wrote:I'm not knocking the guy as a baseball player. Just as a human being.

What has he done as a "human being" that has affected you? Did he hit his wife and kids? NO. Has he commited a crime? NO. Does he spit on the umpires? NO. Is he a drunk? NO. Has he been an upstanding citizen his entire career? YES. Does he give to his community? YES. Is he the greastest player ever? ARGUEABLY. Never, nothing from Barry. ZIP ..(sing along) "When a problem comes along you must ZIP IT" .. Oh except one thing, Does Barry distrust the press? YES.
So since you do not know Barry Bonds personally, you have only been allowed to view Barry through the eyes or pen of a "Dissed Reporter". and we all know .. If it's in the papers it must be true.

Barry is cocky, As well he should be. He is the Best. . . . Period .. BEST.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:36 am

tal1286 wrote:
Leiter Fan wrote:
pkarr5000 wrote: no one doesnt have to be nice

I'm still trying to decode what exactly that means!!!!! :-?

I know me too.

oK pkarr5000 .... I gotta know? what the hell does this mean? :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JRRNeiklot » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:34 am

wrveres wrote:
JRRNeiklot wrote:I'm not knocking the guy as a baseball player. Just as a human being.

What has he done as a "human being" that has affected you? Did he hit his wife and kids? NO. Has he commited a crime? NO. Does he spit on the umpires? NO. Is he a drunk? NO. Has he been an upstanding citizen his entire career? YES. Does he give to his community? YES. Is he the greastest player ever? ARGUEABLY. Never, nothing from Barry. ZIP ..(sing along) "When a problem comes along you must ZIP IT" .. Oh except one thing, Does Barry distrust the press? YES.
So since you do not know Barry Bonds personally, you have only been allowed to view Barry through the eyes or pen of a "Dissed Reporter". and we all know .. If it's in the papers it must be true.

Barry is cocky, As well he should be. He is the Best. . . . Period .. BEST.

All I'm saying is that he's bashing a guy for not showing respect, when in fact, what he did, WAS showing respect. Would he have jumped around if he'd gotten Edgardo Alfonso out? I doubt it. The kid had probably the greatest moment of his career so far, and was happy about it. But Bonds somehow twisted it into disrespect. Unbelievable.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:33 pm

JRRNeiklot wrote:All I'm saying is that he's bashing a guy for not showing respect, when in fact, what he did, WAS showing respect. Would he have jumped around if he'd gotten Edgardo Alfonso out? I doubt it. The kid had probably the greatest moment of his career so far, and was happy about it. But Bonds somehow twisted it into disrespect. Unbelievable.

Nicely put. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Althalius » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:40 pm

Barry Bonds doesn't get paid just to play, he gets paid to be a role model. That's why Kobe's taking the heat for the rape charges and why a lot of people think Tyson is a piece of shit. Bonds needs to learn that being happy is ok, even if your name isn't barry bonds.
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:44 pm

what i meant was, that bonds doesnt have to be nice to people and congratulate them, but it would be nice if he just kept his remarks to himself. i know its hard for him but its one thing to be nice, and its another just to have courtesy and civility.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Bonds, again

Postby eftda » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:45 pm

JRRNeiklot wrote: Bonds said. "He'll learn respect, I guarantee that."

End Qoute

What the hell? A 22 year old kid gets out the most feared hitter in all of baseball in a tough, bases loaded situation and he can't celebrate a little? I'd have been walking on air. That's not disrespect. That's being proud of a job well done.

sound slike something a father would say to his kid....

sounds like the kid (JRRNeiklot) had a probelm with bonds and not what he said.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:08 pm

If Barry hit a home run in that situation and displayed the same reaction/antics that Zambrano did, he'd get beaned the next time they faced each other. No question.
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers