Schmidt just left the game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Schmidt just left the game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schmidt just left the game

Postby namor720 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:59 pm

There were about 7 guys on the mound taking a look at Schmidt, he was holding his groin/hammy area. He was at the 100 pitch mark, but they pulled him with a 3-2 count on willingham. He was wincing, but walked off the mound. Looks like a groin. Could have taken him out as a precaution.
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Schmidty

Postby sj2k » Wed May 31, 2006 9:28 pm

Anyone know what happened to him, he was up high on pitch count, but notes say he left because of an injury. Any news here?
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kbarre » Wed May 31, 2006 9:29 pm

As soon as anybody hears anything post it here. He was pitching an absolute gem from what I can tell. I didn't see it though.

Did he limp off? Did the announcers make it seem serious? What a bummer, man. He's been back to old form the last month and a half.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

schmidt

Postby Eightan » Wed May 31, 2006 9:33 pm

injured! great this is theg last thing i needed... just when it was all starting to come together. the gods of fantasy baseball must really really hate me :*)
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colsod01 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:36 pm

just came on rotoworld-i'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Jason Schmidt was removed from Wednesday's game in the sixth inning with an undisclosed injury.
It didn't seem to be anything serious. Schmidt struck out 10 while allowing one run in 5 2/3 innings before departing. He was at 112 pitches and he was due to bat, so it's highly unlikely he would have come back out for the seventh anyway. May. 31 - 9:29 pm et
ANY HELP APPRECIATED

WHIR
colsod01
College Coach
College Coach

Postby namor720 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:36 pm

Jason Schmidt was removed from Wednesday's game in the sixth inning with an undisclosed injury.
It didn't seem to be anything serious. Schmidt struck out 10 while allowing one run in 5 2/3 innings before departing. He was at 112 pitches and he was due to bat, so it's highly unlikely he would have come back out for the seventh anyway.

Rotoworld had nothing. From what I saw he seemed to hurt his groin area. He was around the 100 pitch mark at the time, but taking him out in the middle of an at bat was a suprise. He walked off on his own. It did not seem serious, but you never know with these types of injuries. Watching the game now, will post anything from the announcers.
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Schmidty

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed May 31, 2006 10:23 pm

sj2k wrote:Anyone know what happened to him, he was up high on pitch count, but notes say he left because of an injury. Any news here?

I don't have a link, but someone in the game commentary forum posted that it was just a cramp. Good news ;-D
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colsod01 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:51 am

looks like he will be ok. from rotoworld

Jason Schmidt should be fine to make his next start after leaving Wednesday's game with a cramp in his right leg.
"I'm good. I feel fine," Schmidt said. "Every now and then I get a few of these. I probably should drink more water before I go out there." Schmidt picked up a win for allowing one run and striking out 10 in 5 2/3 innings against the Marlins tonight. May. 31 - 11:25 pm et
ANY HELP APPRECIATED

WHIR
colsod01
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates