Need a FA slugger? Look at Jason Botts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need a FA slugger? Look at Jason Botts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dc928 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:10 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:will he be playing full time?

I think he will until he screws up now that Nevin is gone~
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 pm

Would you guys drop Morales for Botts?
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:18 pm

rentz wrote:

i think he will eventually, for now he might split time while derosa gives some days off to the infielders, but he will pretty much be the everyday dh.

and he had a history of being a high strikeout guy, but he is getting much better at drawing walks, and already has a few so far this year.

Here is what Rotowire had to say:

May 31 The Rangers traded Nevin to the Cubs for Jerry Hairston Jr., the Rangers' official site reports.
Recommendation: The Rangers save a little cash in the deal and create a spot in the lineup for Jason Botts. Meanwhile, Nevin will play first regularly until Derrek Lee is ready to return from the DL.

Does anybody else think that Texas did this trade to get Botts more playing time?? If this is true then it looks like they have a lot of confidence in this guy.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:23 pm

Big Papi's Pimps wrote:
rentz wrote:

i think he will eventually, for now he might split time while derosa gives some days off to the infielders, but he will pretty much be the everyday dh.

and he had a history of being a high strikeout guy, but he is getting much better at drawing walks, and already has a few so far this year.

Here is what Rotowire had to say:

May 31 The Rangers traded Nevin to the Cubs for Jerry Hairston Jr., the Rangers' official site reports.
Recommendation: The Rangers save a little cash in the deal and create a spot in the lineup for Jason Botts. Meanwhile, Nevin will play first regularly until Derrek Lee is ready to return from the DL.

Does anybody else think that Texas did this trade to get Botts more playing time?? If this is true then it looks like they have a lot of confidence in this guy.

I think it had more to do with the fact that Nevin is now completely useless. No one can possibly do worse than Nevin and Botts is a pretty decent slugger.

I don't see Botts being a great slugger but he should perform like Mench/Wilkerson, etc.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rentz » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:37 pm

a major reason for the move was indeed to get botts more atbats.
he has been touted as the teams DH of the future for several years. the rangers new gm is high on him, and probably pressed this move some.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:39 pm

Yoda wrote:I think it had more to do with the fact that Nevin is now completely useless. No one can possibly do worse than Nevin and Botts is a pretty decent slugger.

I don't see Botts being a great slugger but he should perform like Mench/Wilkerson, etc.

But it definately looks like Botts will get his chance now. We'll see if he's for real.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Sportsline is pimping him on their fantasy baseball splash page.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers