AL Starting Lineup for ASG - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL Starting Lineup for ASG

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AL Starting Lineup for ASG

Postby Matthias » Wed May 31, 2006 5:51 pm

EnFuego wrote:So far leading vote getters:

C: Varitek
1B: Ortiz
2B: Cano
3B: A-Rod
SS: Jeter
OF: Damon, Manny, VLAD.

Every starting position except for Vlad is Red Sox/Yankees.

Was it like this last year as well? 8-o


Tek, Cano & Damon should not be starting. But Ortiz, Rodriguez, Jeter, and Manny you can't really argue with.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:03 pm

Tek and Cano are inexcusable because neither should even be on the roster. Damon should not be a starter.

The rest aren't that bad though, as Matthias said.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AL Starting Lineup for ASG

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 6:05 pm

Matthias wrote:
EnFuego wrote:So far leading vote getters:

C: Varitek
1B: Ortiz
2B: Cano
3B: A-Rod
SS: Jeter
OF: Damon, Manny, VLAD.

Every starting position except for Vlad is Red Sox/Yankees.

Was it like this last year as well? 8-o


Tek, Cano & Damon should not be starting. But Ortiz, Rodriguez, Jeter, and Manny you can't really argue with.


Travis Hafner??
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AL Starting Lineup for ASG

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:07 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Matthias wrote:
EnFuego wrote:So far leading vote getters:

C: Varitek
1B: Ortiz
2B: Cano
3B: A-Rod
SS: Jeter
OF: Damon, Manny, VLAD.

Every starting position except for Vlad is Red Sox/Yankees.

Was it like this last year as well? 8-o


Tek, Cano & Damon should not be starting. But Ortiz, Rodriguez, Jeter, and Manny you can't really argue with.


Travis Hafner??

How about Thome? 20 HR already for him.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby V-Dawg » Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 pm

I hate it when all the teams with more fans vote all their players.... of course the Yanks and Sox will be well represented.


Like cmon.... Jason freeking Varitek starting catcher? 8-o
V-Dawg
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 131
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 31, 2006 6:17 pm

V-Dawg wrote:I hate it when all the teams with more fans vote all their players.... of course the Yanks and Sox will be well represented.


Like cmon.... Jason freeking Varitek starting catcher? 8-o

Cano being in there is much worse than Varitek.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:18 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
V-Dawg wrote:I hate it when all the teams with more fans vote all their players.... of course the Yanks and Sox will be well represented.


Like cmon.... Jason freeking Varitek starting catcher? 8-o

Cano being in there is much worse than Varitek.

Not this season.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: AL Starting Lineup for ASG

Postby blankman » Wed May 31, 2006 6:20 pm

Matthias wrote:
EnFuego wrote:So far leading vote getters:

C: Varitek
1B: Ortiz
2B: Cano
3B: A-Rod
SS: Jeter
OF: Damon, Manny, VLAD.

Every starting position except for Vlad is Red Sox/Yankees.

Was it like this last year as well? 8-o


Tek, Cano & Damon should not be starting. But Ortiz, Rodriguez, Jeter, and Manny you can't really argue with.


Like others have said, Jim Thome or Travis Hafner are the clear better statistical choices than Ortiz.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 31, 2006 6:21 pm

mweir145 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
V-Dawg wrote:I hate it when all the teams with more fans vote all their players.... of course the Yanks and Sox will be well represented.


Like cmon.... Jason freeking Varitek starting catcher? 8-o

Cano being in there is much worse than Varitek.

Not this season.


Cano's hitting pretty darn well.

Anyways they need to do something about this rediculous bias.

NY has like 8 million people.

Boston ain't small either.

its just not fair
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby blankman » Wed May 31, 2006 6:23 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
V-Dawg wrote:I hate it when all the teams with more fans vote all their players.... of course the Yanks and Sox will be well represented.


Like cmon.... Jason freeking Varitek starting catcher? 8-o

Cano being in there is much worse than Varitek.


I hope thats a joke.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:55 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact