Has anyone been as lucky as me when it comes to injuries? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone been as lucky as me when it comes to injuries?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has anyone been as lucky as me when it comes to injuries?

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:35 am

I'm just curious because I can't believe how I've seemed to miss all the major injuries going on in baseball this year. Here's some of the players i traded away just before their injuries happened. It's even been so weird that people have asked me for an insurance(which i've declined) because they notice how i seem to get rid of a player just before he gets injured. The only injuries ive really had was Pedro(drafted) and Hinske who was a FA pickup.

Here's the deals..

1. Gave Griffey in a deal about 1 wk before his crash. Glaus was in the deal with Griffey too and has been on and off hurt all year.
2.Traded Beckett,Lackey for Bernie,Pineiro about a wk before Beckett went on DL.
3.Traded Bernie 4days before he went on DL.(Traded Delgado,Bernie,Klesko for Giambi,Berkman)
4.Traded Clement for Ishii- Ishii goes on DL today but that trade happend just before Clement started turning it around.. bout 6wks ago.
5. Traded JaunGone for G.Anderson about 1 wk before Jaun went on DL 1st time and now Jaun there again.
6.Traded Vlad,Rollins for Colon,Green,Tejada 3 days before Vlad was announced how long he'd be out for.
7.Gave up M.Morris,White for Lidle,Cameron 2 days before Morris got smacked on the hand.
8.Latest was this week just before trade deadline.. traded Berkman for Vlad and now Berkman's not on the DL, but he has been out a couple games with his knee now and Vlad has doing really well lately.

I just couldnt believe when i looked back at the deals i made and how a lot of them got hurt so fast after i traded them away. What i was wondering was if anyone else has seemed to have had the luck ive had when it comes to avoiding the injury bug across MLB this year? If so i'd like to hear the deals and when they were made in relation to players getting hurt. Just for fun :-)
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siege1386 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:37 am

Where did you get your crystal ball?
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:39 am

I guess the best I've done as far as avioding injuries, is in one of my leagues I drafted Izzy. Had B. Giles go down for awhile, and had Politte out for awhile. All my other leagues, I got hit fairly hard.

Remind me to not trade with you. :-D Maybe even inform me before you make a trade that way I know who's getting ready to get hurt. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:41 am

LoL.. i'm tellin you.. it has truly been a wonder to me how it happens. People have been accusing me of trading them an injured player knowingly. But like i tell them it's their job to make sure of that plus, i dont trade injured players because i feel it hurts their value to much. It's just been a fluke thing.. i cant explain it.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eftda » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:42 am

6 out of my top 10 from my drfat went on the dl this year...

i am in 7th place....

thanks alot to vlad, sosa, oswalt, nen, etc...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Quaker » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:45 am

I'll tell you who's not lucky. A guy in my league took with his first 5 picks: Vlad, Piazza, Kent, Sweeney, and Griffey. At one point every single one of them was out.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:45 am

Madison wrote:Remind me to not trade with you. :-D Maybe even inform me before you make a trade that way I know who's getting ready to get hurt. :-D

:-D Jack, Please inform me as well ...
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:52 am

d wrote:
Madison wrote:Remind me to not trade with you. :-D Maybe even inform me before you make a trade that way I know who's getting ready to get hurt. :-D

:-D Jack, Please inform me as well ...

Lol.. i guess it's lucky for yall our trade deadline has already come. When i think about it, it all started with my last trade from last year. Weaver traded to the Yanks.. i'd been talking up Odalis Perez and Weaver to a guy in our league and when Weaver got traded he wanted him bad. So my last trade before deadline happened, I gave O.Perez,Weaver,Lilly for Hudson,Oswalt. Last year that was a fair deal. Not more than a week later did Lilly go out for the season, Perez had his arm fatigue and i cant remember if he went on the DL and we all know how Weaver finished with the Yanks. Needless to say that guy told me he wouldnt trade with me again.. but he did. So this year he was the Beckett,Lackey for Bernie,Pineiro and when Beckett went down he told me that again. We havent traded since between each other.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sevillano » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:59 am

Not quite like you, but I've been pretty lucky with injuries too, and have had a solid lead to show for it all season. The one major exception is that I traded for Schilling hours before it was revealed he had a broken hand. Putting him on the DL happened to free up a roster spot for Dontrelle Willis right before his amazing run, so even that worked out alright.

Besides Hoffman and Nevin, who I stashed on the DL after their injuries, Schill and Beltran are the only players that I've had on the DL all year (knock on wood).
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:04 am

Sevillano wrote:Not quite like you, but I've been pretty lucky with injuries too, and have had a solid lead to show for it all season. The one major exception is that I traded for Schilling hours before it was revealed he had a broken hand. Putting him on the DL happened to free up a roster spot for Dontrelle Willis right before his amazing run, so even that worked out alright.

Besides Hoffman and Nevin, who I stashed on the DL after their injuries, Schill and Beltran are the only players that I've had on the DL all year (knock on wood).

Very nice! You got the best of both worlds when you look at it now. Schilling is back, plus you have a guy that has been the difference maker for a lot of teams. Great job! ;-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers