Delayed News On Dimitri Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delayed News On Dimitri Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delayed News On Dimitri Young

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:04 pm

He hasn't played in his last few games and nothing becomes updated until today... What gives? He's an above average fantasy player at third base and just average as an OF.

Come on fantasy writers get it straight

I've been starting him with no idea he was hurt...
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siege1386 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:11 pm

Just check up on your players at Rototimes or some site like that, you would of had the news then...

http://www.rototimes.com/index.php?spor ... layer_1189

Aug. 1 Dmitri Young (1B) Det was held out of the starting lineup for a second consecutive game on Friday, but the Tigers expect he'll be able to be their starting DH on Saturday. He's been nursing a sore calf and Achilles' tendon.

Aug. 1 Dmitri Young (1B) Det was rested yesterday and might take today off as well to rest his sore calf and Achilles tendon, according to the Detroit News.

Aug. 1 Manager Alan Trammell gave Dmitri Young (1B) Det the day off Thursday. The Tigers' lone All-Star has been experiencing soreness in his calf and Achilles tendon lately.

Jul. 31 Dmitri Young (1B) Det was lifted during the fourth inning of Wednesday's blowout loss against the Mariners on Wednesday. After the game, Tigers manager Alan Trammell said that Young is battling a calf or Achilles' injury. "He's actually been sore for a couple of weeks, so it could be a couple of games," said Trammell.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Giants Rule » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:01 am

Yea, I know it sucks cuz he's supposed to DH today. I hope it's just an extra day of rest and not a setback. Oh wait, here's an update from RotoTimes:

Aug 2:
Dmitri Young (1B) Det missed his third straight start on Saturday although the Tigers expected to him to return as a DH. He did, however, enter the game as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning. Young sat out Thursday and Friday to nurse a sore calf and Achilles' tendon.
Giants Rule
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers