Watch out Pierre! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Watch out Pierre!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Watch out Pierre!

Postby 240Z » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:48 pm

Mike Lowell stole a base tonight! Some how he has 3 on the year, I have no idea how that happened...catchers must've been picking their noses or something. Mike Lowell has to be by far the slowest positional player in baseball and has a strained groin on top of that lol!
240Z
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:05 pm

I traded Lowell for Giambi and it took effect today. What do I get? Giambi 1/4 r hr 3 rbi. Not bad. I take a look at Lowell's line just for kicks, 1/4 r hr 3 rbi and a SB!? Grrr. :-D It's actually his 3rd of the year. Ah, well.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby G-Man » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:39 pm

good trade madison. as crazy as it might sound, i STILL think this is selling high on lowell and BUYING LOW on giambi, even though he hit his 31st today. people are going to get caught scratching their heads trying to figure out how he gets his average up to .300 and goes on a serious tear over the remaining weeks this season. steal giambi away now for an overachiever like mikey lowell. ;-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:58 pm

has the world gone crazy??????? giambi for lowell??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??! :-t :-t :-t :-t no respect for giambi at all. that really makes me mad. :-t in fact, it gets another thumbs down, right......... now. :-t
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:59 pm

Pudge also had a SB today-10th of the year. It took him long enough to go from 9 to 10 :-/
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:13 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:has the world gone crazy??????? giambi for lowell??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??! :-t :-t :-t :-t no respect for giambi at all. that really makes me mad. :-t in fact, it gets another thumbs down, right......... now. :-t

Well, to give the other owner a little credit, he was playing Helton at 1B and Giambi at utility. Of course I tried to get Helton first :-D , but we came to terms on Giambi.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:22 pm

still that trade was just plain retarded, lowell can not and will not play like this the rest of the year. you saw it today, giambi is on fire, i predicted it earlier, giambi will finish the year with more jacks than delgado for a reason. mad, you are one dirty thief. congrats on the acquisition and welcome to the giambi club!!! ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:25 pm

Believe it or not, I think Lowell will continue to play well. But Giambi is a bigger home run threat and that's what I needed.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:29 pm

Madison wrote:Believe it or not, I think Lowell will continue to play well. But Giambi is a bigger home run threat and that's what I needed.

Lowell isnt a fluke. Hes always had some power. Some guys once they hit 30, get a power increase. It could be extra muscle, better pitch selection learned through experience, increased flyball ratios to name a few. Luis Gonzalez, Bret Boone, Aaron Boone, Lowell are some that come to mind.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:34 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Madison wrote:Believe it or not, I think Lowell will continue to play well. But Giambi is a bigger home run threat and that's what I needed.

Lowell isnt a fluke. Hes always had some power. Some guys once they hit 30, get a power increase. It could be extra muscle, better pitch selection learned through experience, increased flyball ratios to name a few. Luis Gonzalez, Bret Boone, Aaron Boone, Lowell are some that come to mind.

My reasoning for drafting Lowell was that the Marlins signed Pierre. That means that Pierre and Castillo bat first and second. Good speed there. Ivan Rodriguez was signed as well. Now before the season started it was unknown what the lineup would be, so I figured if Pudge hit in front of Lowell it would be more guys to drive in. If Pudge hit behind Lowell, it would give him better pitches to hit and some protection.

That was my philosophy for targeting Lowell in 3 of my 5 leagues. I also knew I could get him fairly late in the draft, which allowed me to get studs at other positions first. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers