Marlins Suck!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Marlins Suck!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Marlins Suck!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:17 pm

Is it just me or are they the most overrated team in baseball? They have crappy starting pitching, some of the worst relievers in the mlb, and their lineup is horrible. How can anyone think that Lowell or Lee is any good? Pierre has like what, 25 rbis? That blows, dont get me started on Cabrerra, this guy sucks, how can you guys think hes going to be good...he got owned so bad by RJ and by Wagner yesterday. McKeon is an old piece of garbage that doesn't know how to manage and of course they have Loria as an owner. This team is nothing without little overrated Willis. They won't make the playoffs this year and they actually think they can catch the Phillies LOL!!!! The Phillies are soooo much better than them its not even funny. That sweep last week was just because they got lucky our whole team happened to be slumping. Good luck Marlins you're going to need it. HAHAHA

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby mrmarley » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:23 pm

"Bitter, party of one!"
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Marlins Suck!!!

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is it just me or are they the most overrated team in baseball? They have crappy starting pitching, some of the worst relievers in the mlb, and their lineup is horrible. How can anyone think that Lowell or Lee is any good? Pierre has like what, 25 rbis? That blows, dont get me started on Cabrerra, this guy sucks, how can you guys think hes going to be good...he got owned so bad by RJ and by Wagner yesterday. McKeon is an old piece of garbage that doesn't know how to manage and of course they have Loria as an owner. This team is nothing without little overrated Willis. They won't make the playoffs this year and they actually think they can catch the Phillies LOL!!!! The Phillies are soooo much better than them its not even funny. That sweep last week was just because they got lucky our whole team happened to be slumping. Good luck Marlins you're going to need it. HAHAHA

Such anger! Tell me about your mother!
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Re: Marlins Suck!!!

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is it just me or are they the most overrated team in baseball? They have crappy starting pitching, some of the worst relievers in the mlb, and their lineup is horrible. How can anyone think that Lowell or Lee is any good? Pierre has like what, 25 rbis? That blows, dont get me started on Cabrerra, this guy sucks, how can you guys think hes going to be good...he got owned so bad by RJ and by Wagner yesterday. McKeon is an old piece of garbage that doesn't know how to manage and of course they have Loria as an owner. This team is nothing without little overrated Willis. They won't make the playoffs this year and they actually think they can catch the Phillies LOL!!!! The Phillies are soooo much better than them its not even funny. That sweep last week was just because they got lucky our whole team happened to be slumping. Good luck Marlins you're going to need it. HAHAHA

get a frickin id.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:40 pm

i actually happen to like what they've done down there, despite my intrinsic LOOOOOOVE for mister jeffrey loria, the once-supposed savior of my beloved expos.

they've got the best 1-2 speed punch in the game, despite the fact that luis castillo has only (i believe) 15 stolen bases... put that with pierre's 51, you're at 66... so they're likely the best 1-2 SB punch in the game, setting the table for their 3-4-5.... pudge is realistically a 6th hitter on a solid offense, but thanks to the way the marlins have been getting on base, he's been functional in the 3 hole. mike lowell is clearly playing over his head, and i'd be very surprised if he matches or betters this season's output next season. from there, you've got some encarnacion type players there to be about .275/20/80/20, derrek lee looks to be having one of, if not his best overall seasons in the major (he's playing damn near a gold glove caliber first base) and hey, dont look now, but miggy cabrera looks to be a solid player someday.

mark redman has shown a prolonged streak of good pitching that he had flashes of last season, so that was a a rather good move for them. dontrelle willis is pitching as well as anyone in the game right now, and it certainly doesn't seem like he's a fidyrich type fluke... um, from there, people like josh beckett and brad penny do have legitimate upside, although they can easily stall out at a ~4ish era over a season's long haul. their bullpen is alright.. i dont get the nate bump fascination, but between urbina and looper you've two closer-caliber relievers to lock down the 8th and 9th... so realistically, i think they have a very good shot at the wild card.. and i'm not sold on them getting far in the playoffs if they make it in there... dontrelle will hold up his end, maybe redman, but they dont have a sure thing third starter... so maybe in a short series, but alas, the short series are no more. perhaps, with 3 bats on fire and redman and either beckett or penny pitching .25ish .750 win PCT ball, they can shock a team like whoever comes out of the central, or maybe even the braves...

still, to hate this team as irrationally as you do... it makes no sense. sure you might not like them, but they are far from the bane of all things good about baseball.. heck, if my expos dont make it, despite my looooove for mister loria, i'm going to pull for the d-train and co to do whatever they can.... go phish.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby 240Z » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:40 pm

Ouch, someone didn't like last weeks series I take it. Well, you probably won't get much happier when the Marlins eventually pass the Phils for the wild card lead (I hope :-) ) Oh and by the way, I'd take Cabrera who got struck out by Randy Johnson and Billy Wagner over Burrell who gets struck out by everybody.
240Z
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:47 pm

the marlins have dominated the phillies this season. i dont understand how you can't smile when you see them play, they like to have fun, unlike you fans from philly
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GSes » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:07 pm

I love the Marlins, I have though they were good all year back when the took 2 of 3 from my A's.

I though they were good beofre Willis, they are fun to watch, they are the young kids full od emotion that are the underogs and that have been bullied all seasonm by bullies like the Braves.

Go Marlins

A's VS Marlins is WS!!!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby R-Tehst » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:03 pm

lol, actually, there probably one of the most underrated teams. They're lineup is solid from top to bottom. They have a great young starting staff with Beckett, Willis, and Penny...Redman's having a great year, and pavanos been a consitent no. 5 starter. Plus adding urbina boosted their bullpen, and it'll take another boost when spooneybarger returns.
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brokentusks9 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:09 pm

And to think, they're doing all this with their best pitcher out for the year.

They suck all right...[/sarcasm]
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers