I have a question regarding keeper leagues... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have a question regarding keeper leagues...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have a question regarding keeper leagues...

Postby Los_Dodgers » Tue May 30, 2006 2:26 am

First of all, how is it that players are kept? Is it just predetermined and so nobody can draft players who were on their teams for the first 4 rounds, for example? Or is it like a predetermined option that you choose while first making a league.
My 2nd question is how do you manage to join one?. I only use yahoo for FBB, and I look on available leagues every once in a while and they are very scarce. I have really looked forward to playing one, but can't manage to find one open with good, competitive managers.
If anyone could answer these questions for me I would really appreciate it, as I am genuinely curious and would like to pursue keeper leagues in the future.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I have a question regarding keeper leagues...

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue May 30, 2006 2:30 am

Los_Dodgers wrote:First of all, how is it that players are kept? Is it just predetermined and so nobody can draft players who were on their teams for the first 4 rounds, for example? Or is it like a predetermined option that you choose while first making a league.
My 2nd question is how do you manage to join one?. I only use yahoo for FBB, and I look on available leagues every once in a while and they are very scarce. I have really looked forward to playing one, but can't manage to find one open with good, competitive managers.
If anyone could answer these questions for me I would really appreciate it, as I am genuinely curious and would like to pursue keeper leagues in the future.

1. You set the option in yahoo to "Offline draft". You then do a draft over AIM or YIM or a forum/message board type thing, and input the picks with the keepers.

2. There is no option to make or join a keeper league in yahoo, its kinda just made on its own. You set up a group or forum and kind of work the keeper league from there, whereas the actual stats of the league are on yahoo.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Third Day » Tue May 30, 2006 8:17 am

The first year is a draft of all players. The second year is when players are kept from your first year roster. Do it with people you know or try and find a league here at the Cafe: their is nothing worse than a keeper league with dead teams or inactive managers.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 274)

Return to Baseball Leftovers