Need Some Advice... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Need Some Advice...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Some Advice...

Postby RyanK » Mon May 29, 2006 9:12 pm

So there are 5 days left of school and this kid owes me 400 dollars, hes not going to pay me, but offered his laptop, I already have one and am trying to see what I can get for his lap top.

I dunno what it is except HP Pavilion, he got it around Christmas time so its a newer one. Im gonna get it tonight as collateral and just keep it till were done or if he somehow gets 400 give it back

Thing that bothers me is I dunno shit about windows computers, mac's I know alot. Im trying to find out how much I could get for it off ebay. Where could i find out the info about it, and what makes it an expensive/inexpensive computer. I figured its nice because his parents are rich... but im starting to think its only a 600 dollar laptop.... meaning i wont get for it on ebay....

p.s. incase anyone was wondering me and this other kid are beating the out of him last day because he owes one kid 700 and another 100
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 29, 2006 9:16 pm

why does he owe people?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RyanK » Mon May 29, 2006 9:29 pm

RugbyD wrote:why does he owe people?

gambling... i let him borrow 200 like a month ago thinking hed pay me... and a few weeks ago he said hell pay me 400 end of the year if i waited till then.. now hes offering me his lap top

kid sucks at poker.. he borrows money from people all the time thinking hell win big but always loses..
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon May 29, 2006 9:31 pm

Why did you even borrow him money? That was incredibly dumb of you.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 29, 2006 9:41 pm

RyanK wrote:
RugbyD wrote:why does he owe people?

gambling... i let him borrow 200 like a month ago thinking hed pay me... and a few weeks ago he said hell pay me 400 end of the year if i waited till then.. now hes offering me his lap top

kid sucks at poker.. he borrows money from people all the time thinking hell win big but always loses..

Sounds like he could use a beating. An anonymous tip to his parents may help him as well.......after you've sold the laptop of course. I'm not too informed on market values of laptops, but a stop by any of the box-maker sites might help. Build your own laptop with whatever the features are and see where it comes out. You should get a spec list from this kid before you take the laptop so you'll know if its worth anything.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 29, 2006 9:41 pm

What kind of kids have that kind of money to throw around? :-?

I would take the laptop, since, obviously, you're not going to get anything else from him. Then I would beat the crap out of yourself for associating with him in the first place and never do it again.

Are you telling me that you and another guy are going to jump this kid? Weak man, very weak. 2 on 1 isn't cool.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Mon May 29, 2006 9:44 pm

Never, ever give money to someone to gamble unless it's a friendly $5 neighborhood poker game.

Rule #1 is "Never bet what you can't afford to lose."
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Are you telling me that you and another guy are going to jump this kid? Weak man, very weak. 2 on 1 isn't cool.

I'd say its irrelevant if its 2 on 1 or 10 on 1. Being a deadbeat entails a certain cost of doing business, whether its the repo man or punch in the face. I would say though, that the beating should only be administered by those who are still owed. If the laptop is accepted, the beating has to be done by someone else.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Awe man... I wish I had a kid like this at my school.

When we played a $20 poker game it was intense... cuz normally we play for $5 or $10.

The laptop should be worth more than $400 if he got it for XMas. You should be thinking like $1,000 or so... unless it was a really cheap one. But none the less it'll be more than $400 if it isn't trashed or have viruses.

Instead of a beating though, this kid needs an intervention or something. He needs to know that gambling that much money all the time and getting into debt will ruin his life if he continues. Tell him to pay off the debts and get off of high stakes gambling(hundreds of dollars is high stakes for kids). Tell him to stick to $5 and $10 bets (assuming he doesn't make a ton of these).

Help this kid.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby SkeetNation » Mon May 29, 2006 10:11 pm

Find out what kind of laptop it is, then search on ebay under "completed auctions" and see roughly what they have been going for.

If the kid gives up the laptop and it covers your 400 then you're done and to jump him would be out of line.

If the other guys who he is still into for money want to beat on him then they have the right. But you and him are square and you should stay out of it.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to General Talk