Hunter Pence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Hunter Pence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hunter Pence

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon May 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Does anyone have the scoop on this guy.I have him in a dynasty league and was wondering what type of player he projects to be
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon May 29, 2006 10:56 pm

here's s nice article on Kemp vs Pence


http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/20 ... 133328/981
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 7167
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby El Jefe » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:42 am

With the Astros outfield not producing, do you think Pence will get a call up this season? He couldn't do any worse than Jason Lane. Luke Scott is hitting for power in AAA, but I'd like to see Pence get a shot at the big club.
El Jefe
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 236
Joined: 9 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Blue Springs, Mo.

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:02 am

Next year for sure...Astros will cut loose Preston and his huge salary...Lane will get traded I predict ...Pence will get A TASTE THIS YEAR and have a chance to start in 07.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 7167
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby speedy27 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:Next year for sure...Astros will cut loose Preston and his huge salary...Lane will get traded I predict ...Pence will get A TASTE THIS YEAR and have a chance to start in 07.


What are the Astros planning to do with Luke Scott and Charlton Jimerson?? Surely both will get a shot before Pence does?
Image
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2792
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:14 pm

speedy27 wrote:What are the Astros planning to do with Luke Scott and Charlton Jimerson?? Surely both will get a shot before Pence does?


I don't know what their plans would be but they defiantly aren't quarenteed a shot over Pence. Luke Scott is 27 this year in AAA, looks more like a util/4th OF kind of guy. As for Charlton will I can't take anyone serious who is 25/26 in AAA and has 86 k's in 224 AB's w/ only 8 walks. They just aren't in the same league as Pence is are far as prospects go.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby speedy27 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:38 pm

hybrid wrote:
speedy27 wrote:What are the Astros planning to do with Luke Scott and Charlton Jimerson?? Surely both will get a shot before Pence does?


I don't know what their plans would be but they defiantly aren't quarenteed a shot over Pence. Luke Scott is 27 this year in AAA, looks more like a util/4th OF kind of guy. As for Charlton will I can't take anyone serious who is 25/26 in AAA and has 86 k's in 224 AB's w/ only 8 walks. They just aren't in the same league as Pence is are far as prospects go.


thanks for the insight! ;-D
Image
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2792
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:43 pm

Hybrid, what do you think of Pence?He is tearing it up in AA
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact