HORSETOOTH SORIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HORSETOOTH SORIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:53 am

Now that he is a Yankee .. maybe .. He will take some time to adjust to the AL and to NYY and to the pressure of playing in NY. So probably not for this year. :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Quaker » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

I meant Brett Boone. He's hitting 25 points higher than Soriano, has 4 more homeruns, 28 more RBIs, same amount of runs. He also has 7 steals, which isn't bad these days, although it is far less than Soriano.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:10 am

Quaker wrote:I meant Brett Boone. He's hitting 25 points higher than Soriano, has 4 more homeruns, 28 more RBIs, same amount of runs. He also has 7 steals, which isn't bad these days, although it is far less than Soriano.

LMAO I knew that .. you were High on Bret on another post if I remeber right so I was goofing with ya. I would still take Soriano.. Becuase the potential is there at any time for all five roto categories. Boone is a four category at best.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Quaker » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:16 am

I think that Soriano's .300 days are behind him. I see him as a .280 career hitter. I think he'll eventually get moved further down the order in his career because his OBP sucks way too much to lead off, and I don't think it'll ever get too high. As a result, I expect him to post big RBI numbers, but his run and steal numbers will fall.

I would definitely want Soriano over Boone in a keeper league, considering Boone is 34. He probably won't have another season like this year, and might have one or two left like he had last year.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:58 am

well now you have me thinking of trading him ... I lead in all offensive categories except BA .. I am tied for 1st BA.

I would like to swap him for Giles or Boone maybe and try and get a pitcher back ..hmmm. :-?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:09 pm

I'll stir the pot again. :-D

#1. Soriano
#2. Kent
#3. B. Boone

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Super GM » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:40 pm

wrveres wrote:Here is a "Leadoff Hitter" who bats .290 and steals a ton. Ocassionalyly starts the game off with a Pop ala Ricky Henderson.
And you are upset becuase this leadoff hitter Doesn't get enough RBI"S and his SLG Pct is low? (I'm confused...) :-?

DITTO!
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby adraw34 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:48 pm

you guys are pretty harsh on a guy who earlier this year was ahead of bond's pace for the 500-500 club. This guy is going to be amazing for years to come and you're all going to feel like morons for saying how much he sucks just because of his slump right now. This kid is only in his 3 full season and he batted .300 in his 2nd season....bonds didnt' do that till his 5th. Soriano also broke 100 RBI's in his second season (batting leadoff) another feet bonds didn't accomplish until his 5th season. I have Soriano on my team now and he has been hurting me a little in batting average, but i still wouldn't trade him unless i was blown away by the offer.

I'm going to just go ahead and say it..... Soriano will be better than Bonds (and nowhere near as big of a jerk).
adraw34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby King Tim » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:33 pm

as bad as he as been of late.......3/4 the season according to some of you........he still ranks as the #12 overall player in yahoo.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LCBOY » Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:03 pm

adraw34 wrote:you guys are pretty harsh on a guy who earlier this year was ahead of bond's pace for the 500-500 club. This guy is going to be amazing for years to come and you're all going to feel like morons for saying how much he sucks just because of his slump right now. This kid is only in his 3 full season and he batted .300 in his 2nd season....bonds didnt' do that till his 5th. Soriano also broke 100 RBI's in his second season (batting leadoff) another feet bonds didn't accomplish until his 5th season. I have Soriano on my team now and he has been hurting me a little in batting average, but i still wouldn't trade him unless i was blown away by the offer.

I'm going to just go ahead and say it..... Soriano will be better than Bonds (and nowhere near as big of a jerk).

LOL! Soriano in the 500-500 club? You are kidding right? Soriano will not hit 500 HR in his career. He is the new Juan Samuel. Remember him? He was even more dominant than Soriano was.
Soriano's problem is that he has no plate discipline. Hw will never draw 100 BBs in a season so he can never match Bond's greatest season. Does anyone think Soriano will ever have a an .863 SLG% or a .582 OBP? That will never happen. Can you show us any evidence the Soriano is capable of drawing 200 BBs in a season?
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers