Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Where did my thread go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:27 pm

Definitely an old way supporter
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Knights » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:39 pm

Old way
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 36)

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:44 pm

old way.

go brian roberts.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:52 pm

I like the new way. I used to get so freaking pissed when I'd come in here and there'd be like 5 Chan Ho threads on one night. Screw that. I like it this way. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Re: Old way vs. the New way

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:59 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Just curious how many here prefered the old way of unorganized Game Commentary section over the new stream line Game Commentary. There might be a middle ground in the future but as of now. If you can only have one or the other, which way do you prefer.

Jot me down as a old way supporter.

Old way: 4
New way: 1

Old way
Playingwithfire
Red Stripes
Knights
Frances The Mute

New way
Big Pimpin

Here's the thing...

Had it always been this way since you joined the Cafe, it'd never even be second guessed. You'd just have accepted it as the way the Cafe runs the Game Commentary Forum (which now actually follows the forum description), and there'd be no debate, or 'voting' or any of this nonsense. However, the argument that it somehow takes away your 'creativity' (you mean like the 'I hate fantasy baseball' or 'I DIDN'T START CHRIS YOUNG LAST NIGHT' threads??) is just sheer silliness, as is this little 'poll'. The majority of people who are actually going to speak up are those in opposition, because those in favor are just enjoying the new format, and actually using it, while tidying up the Forum in the process. You can't tell me that you would've magically one day, while perusing this Forum thought to yourself, "You know what, this format really prohibits me from being creative. I suddenly feel oppressed, with the need to be vocal about it." So, just pretend it's always been this way, the way it should have been all along, and be done with it.

Count me down as strongly opposed, for fun's sake, to going back to the old format, which as far as I can tell, will never happen, thankfully.

Looks like you'll just have to get used to it and find something else to complain about. ;-7
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 pm

thats quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ver read.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:thats quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ver read.

Which part got you? The following the forum description, or the part where organized > disorganized?

There's a reason the inmates don't run the asylum. It appears that's been lost in the shuffle in the minds of a few. I'll let this be my last post on the matter, and go back to enjoying the forum. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Re: Old way vs. the New way

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:23 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Just curious how many here prefered the old way of unorganized Game Commentary section over the new stream line Game Commentary. There might be a middle ground in the future but as of now. If you can only have one or the other, which way do you prefer.

Jot me down as a old way supporter.

Old way: 4
New way: 1

Old way
Playingwithfire
Red Stripes
Knights
Frances The Mute

New way
Big Pimpin

Here's the thing...

Had it always been this way since you joined the Cafe, it'd never even be second guessed. You'd just have accepted it as the way the Cafe runs the Game Commentary Forum (which now actually follows the forum description), and there'd be no debate, or 'voting' or any of this nonsense. However, the argument that it somehow takes away your 'creativity' (you mean like the 'I hate fantasy baseball' or 'I DIDN'T START CHRIS YOUNG LAST NIGHT' threads??) is just sheer silliness, as is this little 'poll'. The majority of people who are actually going to speak up are those in opposition, because those in favor are just enjoying the new format, and actually using it, while tidying up the Forum in the process. You can't tell me that you would've magically one day, while perusing this Forum thought to yourself, "You know what, this format really prohibits me from being creative. I suddenly feel oppressed, with the need to be vocal about it." So, just pretend it's always been this way, the way it should have been all along, and be done with it.

Count me down as strongly opposed, for fun's sake, to going back to the old format, which as far as I can tell, will never happen, thankfully.

Looks like you'll just have to get used to it and find something else to complain about. ;-7

are you serious ??
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:25 pm

speaking of asylums...
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Frances The Mute wrote:thats quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ver read.

Which part got you? The following the forum description, or the part where organized > disorganized?

There's a reason the inmates don't run the asylum. It appears that's been lost in the shuffle in the minds of a few. I'll let this be my last post on the matter, and go back to enjoying the forum. ;-D

rotfl

forums exist for people's enjoyment

I think that if the "inmates" start to avoid Game Commentary, the Mods will be forced to come back to the old way
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting