Where did my thread go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Where did my thread go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mile High Ballers » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:47 pm

I prefer the old layout as well.... My two cents.
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:57 pm

new layout stinks badly......

:-t
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:37 pm

i change my mind.. i liked it better how there were a bunch of threads easy to find about players that have been struggling (vents) too hard to find in each thread.. just my oponion
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:36 am

try looking back a couple of pages, you need a calender to find a game thread that might have what you want to read about a specific player's heroics etc etc. this layout is awful -- who was even complaining about the old way?
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:43 pm

i see the reasoning about the new format needing to be more organized as the old one WAS getting a little out of control. BUT i find myself using it much less now and i completely agree with most of the posters here and say get rid of the stickies. if someone isnt posting in the game commentary for a particular game it should indeed stink

heres another suggestion. maybe there should be a cheering/venting discussion forum AND a game commentary forum. in the game commentary section you can have each game and JUST each game for the night. and in the the cheering section, it could just be an emotional release and free-flowing forum. just a thought....... ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:56 pm

Madison wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Why is organized that much better in Game Commentary? This is a forum of emotion(you suck Pooholes!), not reason. And you said 15 games a day, the thing is that people only care about 5-10 of them at most.

Both questions are answered by common sense if you just think about it. ;-) I'll skip the organized one, as it's already been explained and you should have already noticed how much better this forum has been ;-D .

Ehh, I'd have to disagree with that. I've only made about 4 posts here since the "new" format, and I find it much less interesting/inviting.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharksfan1139 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:18 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Madison wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Why is organized that much better in Game Commentary? This is a forum of emotion(you suck Pooholes!), not reason. And you said 15 games a day, the thing is that people only care about 5-10 of them at most.

Both questions are answered by common sense if you just think about it. ;-) I'll skip the organized one, as it's already been explained and you should have already noticed how much better this forum has been ;-D .

Ehh, I'd have to disagree with that. I've only made about 4 posts here since the "new" format, and I find it much less interesting/inviting.

i couldnt agree more, it is much less inviting to make posts here now

sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:58 pm

There are literally 50 different game commentary threads over games from 3 different days on PAGE 1!

This is organized? Everyone here appreciates the effort the mods put into making the forums operate smoothly -- but just admit this idea was awful -- 50 game threads on page 1 to wade through!!!

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Knights » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:59 pm

I can say that I have not read any game commentary thread since the change EXCEPT for the Jays game... and that's only because I'm watching the game, so I'll go look for other people's comments about something that just happened.

I'm really missing the old way, because seeing thread titles alone would give you a good idea of what was happening each night and be more of a help in learning about player performances each night.

There is no chance that I am going to read 15 full-game threads to see if there's anything I'm interested in.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 38)

Old way vs. the New way

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Just curious how many here prefered the old way of unorganized Game Commentary section over the new stream line Game Commentary. There might be a middle ground in the future but as of now. If you can only have one or the other, which way do you prefer.

Jot me down as a old way supporter.

Old way: 4
New way: 1

Old way
Playingwithfire
Red Stripes
Knights
Frances The Mute

New way
Big Pimpin
Last edited by PlayingWithFire on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting