Where did my thread go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Where did my thread go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:04 pm

DK wrote:I like this way as well. I don't buy into the lack of creativity argument either, because most of the time it wasn't creative. It was just "OMG HANLEY RAMIREZ GOT CAUGHT STEALING GRRR" or something along those lines.

People are overrating the creativity we had on this board before. This way it's a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. ;D

Old people lack creativity ;-7

j/k :-b
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BOWSER » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:54 pm

dipset wrote:ONly bad part is sometimes you like to see if one of your players had a great game right on the front of the page, instead of searching through 5 pages of a thread
Write it on a piece of oak tag and run up and down your street with it.... :-D
Last edited by BOWSER on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:40 pm

I'd rather have there be multiple threads about people commenting Tex's homer last night or something than having to sift through 3 pages of the Rangers game thread to just find those two people's posts and have to quote them when they were 3 pages ago. Seriously, what's wrong with a few multiple topics about the same thing. Daily about 1/3 of the page on the game commentary forum is filled up with today's new posts. It's not that hard to find topics with only on thread. Sometimes being TOO organized isn't a good thing.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lewis1112 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:39 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I'd rather have there be multiple threads about people commenting Tex's homer last night or something than having to sift through 3 pages of the Rangers game thread to just find those two people's posts and have to quote them when they were 3 pages ago. Seriously, what's wrong with a few multiple topics about the same thing. Daily about 1/3 of the page on the game commentary forum is filled up with today's new posts. It's not that hard to find topics with only on thread. Sometimes being TOO organized isn't a good thing.

Word.
lewis1112
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:08 pm

lewis1112 wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:I'd rather have there be multiple threads about people commenting Tex's homer last night or something than having to sift through 3 pages of the Rangers game thread to just find those two people's posts and have to quote them when they were 3 pages ago. Seriously, what's wrong with a few multiple topics about the same thing. Daily about 1/3 of the page on the game commentary forum is filled up with today's new posts. It's not that hard to find topics with only on thread. Sometimes being TOO organized isn't a good thing.

Word.

So padding your post count by responding with a ;-D in every Crawford thread didn't bother you? :-b I'm just messing with ya. I think that was me... :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:30 pm

It's not that big of a deal, as I don't post in here that much anyways, but I do like the old format much better. I think a good test would be the number of posts per day, does the forum seem like it's being used more or less since the switch? That's probably the most important thing.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Red Stripe » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:37 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
lewis1112 wrote:

Word.

So padding your post count by responding with a ;-D in every Crawford thread didn't bother you? :-b I'm just messing with ya. I think that was me... :-b

I could give less than a crap how many posts people have.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:16 am

Red Stripe wrote:Seriously, what's wrong with a few multiple topics about the same thing.

15 games per day, times 3 threads each, is 45 threads. Almost two full pages.

Also, where do we draw the line? It's ok for 3 people to start new threads about Pujols blasting another homer, but not 4? Doesn't really make sense, and way too much work for the mods to have to stop and count each and every single thread that pops up on a particular player.

Plus, the scanning for what a particular player has done tonight is an easy fix. Check the box score. All the major sites have live and up to date box scores. Simple and easy to check. Plus, if you've got Stattracker or play at Sportsline, you've got live up to the minute scoring updates. All very simple things.

If you want to read about how a particular pitcher is doing, you'll want to go through the game thread anyway.

Bottomline to the whole thing: The forum was way, way too cluttered, and not organized at all. Unorganized and unkept like a child's bedroom, is not what the Cafe' is all about. Never has been, and won't continue to be. Some organization is a must, and the other way of doing this forum failed miserably, so that's what caused this change to happen.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Madison wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Seriously, what's wrong with a few multiple topics about the same thing.

15 games per day, times 3 threads each, is 45 threads. Almost two full pages.

Also, where do we draw the line? It's ok for 3 people to start new threads about Pujols blasting another homer, but not 4? Doesn't really make sense, and way too much work for the mods to have to stop and count each and every single thread that pops up on a particular player.

Plus, the scanning for what a particular player has done tonight is an easy fix. Check the box score. All the major sites have live and up to date box scores. Simple and easy to check. Plus, if you've got Stattracker or play at Sportsline, you've got live up to the minute scoring updates. All very simple things.

If you want to read about how a particular pitcher is doing, you'll want to go through the game thread anyway.

Bottomline to the whole thing: The forum was way, way too cluttered, and not organized at all. Unorganized and unkept like a child's bedroom, is not what the Cafe' is all about. Never has been, and won't continue to be. Some organization is a must, and the other way of doing this forum failed miserably, so that's what caused this change to happen.

Why is organized that much better in Game Commentary? This is a forum of emotion(you suck Pooholes!), not reason. And you said 15 games a day, the thing is that people only care about 5-10 of them at most.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:22 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Why is organized that much better in Game Commentary? This is a forum of emotion(you suck Pooholes!), not reason. And you said 15 games a day, the thing is that people only care about 5-10 of them at most.

Both questions are answered by common sense if you just think about it. ;-) I'll skip the organized one, as it's already been explained and you should have already noticed how much better this forum has been ;-D .

As to the 15 games per day question, every team has fans. Even the lowly Royals have fans ;-) . Go to the fantasy aspect of it, and every single closer on every single team is owned by someone, along with most set up men, and/or closers who are next in line, which means that while some games won't get the amount of responses some of the more popular games get, we're all still watching every game. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting