Where did my thread go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Where did my thread go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 31, 2006 1:41 pm

This is a bit too structured IMO, but I'll go with it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Knights » Wed May 31, 2006 1:51 pm

As much as I'm already missing the threads about individual players/events, I'll go with this structure to see how it goes... although I'm still not liking it all that much.

However, if we're going to try the dedicated game threads, could we at least get rid of the stickys? If a game is being commented on enough, it'll stay near the top anyway... no need to bury other non0game dedicated threads lower for ones not getting replies.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 31, 2006 2:09 pm

We'll see how this goes and if I still don't like it after a week I'll start a petition thread or something :-b
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Wed May 31, 2006 3:53 pm

I mean the less popular thread will sink by themselves and if nobody cares about the Royals playing Tampa Bay why waste the space at the top of the page for a sticky game thread? Unless I'm missing something, there was nothing wrong with the old, unorganized system that allows creative juices running.

Am I missing something?

I agree PWF. This new structured thing isn't, well, my thing. I like the old free and open Commentary forum. I think this will go away soon with 50% of game threads hving less than three posts that will eventually occur.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 pm

Forum Description wrote:Watching the game? Talk about all the action, analyze umpires' decisions and pitch counts, smile when your pitcher gets out of a jam, and vent when your star slugger goes 0-for-5.

Looks like all is well, to me. ;-D

I'm really liking this new format. I have the option to not scroll down and see a lot of the threads I really don't care to see, and can hang around at the top in the game threads without having to look too hard to find them. Good stuff, IMO. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 pm

wasnt this thread less cluttered when not every single game was made a sticky? i understand if you want to put up everygame, but why sticky them? if no one wants to discuss a game let it go away.

EDIT: looks like im on the same page as others, sorry didnt read through just figured id be the only one saying anything.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed May 31, 2006 8:28 pm

As to the Sticky question that's been brought up, if everything is in the game threads like (99% of the posts in here should be), then it shouldn't matter if they are stickys or not. We're trying the sticky approach first, and will make adjustments if need be. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:45 pm

seems a bit different.. but i find it a lot easier to find games now.. just my oponion.. makes me not want to look at the other threads though :-b
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 396)

Postby lewis1112 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 pm

Too structured, won't be going to Game Commentary anymore as I don't want to sift through a game thread to see if anyone is mentioning what I want and then sift through more replies to see if someone is actually replying to it.
lewis1112
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DK » Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 pm

I like this way as well. I don't buy into the lack of creativity argument either, because most of the time it wasn't creative. It was just "OMG HANLEY RAMIREZ GOT CAUGHT STEALING GRRR" or something along those lines.

People are overrating the creativity we had on this board before. This way it's a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting