Where did my thread go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Where did my thread go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

i like the other way better

Postby poorlilrich » Tue May 30, 2006 5:07 pm

this way you have to read all about the game even if you only want to read about the 2hrs by kinsler or the crazy game crawford had a couple games ago
poorlilrich
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue May 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Beats the heck out of having 5 threads about the same topic, which is what caused this change. Too many duplicate threads about the exact same topic. This way everything is nice and neat. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Frances The Mute » Tue May 30, 2006 5:53 pm

I'll say that I appreciate the effort of the mods here to try to "organize" things but...

Looking at 15 threads that all look exactly the same at the top of the page makes my head hurt.

No creative titles, no specific threads on players? Where's the fun if you can't make up a funny title and hype the hell out of your player on a given day?

Having to wade through god knows how many pages of game accounts when all i want to know is what oliver perez' velocity was?

Why not let the forum dictate whats important? What they want to read? Why have a seattle-minn thread if nobody cares about that game?

Its fun to read multiple threads on the same thing? Big deal -- thres usually a bit of a diffrent perspctive. Whats the harm.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jorwoods » Tue May 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Yeah i agree with the above ^^^^^

I loved coming in here and reading about how crappy or great players are doing and people's opinons on why. Even if it was a little disorganized, it was still by far the best forum in the "cafe"
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue May 30, 2006 6:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
dipset wrote:ONly bad part is sometimes you like to see if one of your players had a great game right on the front of the page, instead of searching through 5 pages of a thread

Well, for the community's sake, you'll have to read the game thread now. ;-)

I don't see how the old, unorganized way is hurting the community in any way.

I mean, wouldn't you miss such title as

Royals Aaron Guiel Batting Leadoff. Bell Should be FIRED!!!
Why do I keep spot-starting these LOSERS???
Run Vladdie Run
5/26 NYM@Fla: Do you believe in Josh Johnson?
Petitte you $%#@*& (!&%#?
BAYYYYYYYYY
CRAWFORD!!!!!
The Quasi-Official Jimmy Rollins "You Suck" Thread

I mean the less popular thread will sink by themselves and if nobody cares about the Royals playing Tampa Bay why waste the space at the top of the page for a sticky game thread? Unless I'm missing something, there was nothing wrong with the old, unorganized system that allows creative juices running.

Am I missing something?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EnFuego » Tue May 30, 2006 7:12 pm

I agree with PWF, but this new and efficient way isn't that bad. It's much cleaner. :-D But, threads with &@!$BAYPEttitte&(_$&!(_%&, you can't beat that.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Well I don't really buy into the creativity argument. You're more than welcome to be as creative as you want to be in the appropriate thread. Also, if you have a commentary topic that justifies its own thread feel free to post it. No one is trying to hold you down or boss you around. We just want to organize what is one of the most active forums at the Cafe.

The stickys may go if it doesn't work. It's just a test. As far as allowing this forum to develop organically, that would be best. Unfortunately that hasn't worked up until this point. People would rather be "creative" and start their own thread rather than add to a preexisting one. Some nights that works OK but on active nights this forum just becomes a giant mess. We'll see how this works out.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Randy Watson » Tue May 30, 2006 8:25 pm

Seems like people who organize their sock drawers by color and iron their jeans and t-shirts would like the new approach. :-D

I liked it fine the old way, but will try to give it a try.
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed May 31, 2006 8:02 am

Frances The Mute wrote:I'll say that I appreciate the effort of the mods here to try to "organize" things but...

Looking at 15 threads that all look exactly the same at the top of the page makes my head hurt.

No creative titles, no specific threads on players? Where's the fun if you can't make up a funny title and hype the hell out of your player on a given day?

I agree, the forum actually seems too sterile now, and makes it more difficult if you just want to follow a particular player's efforts. Having the games as 'stickys' just completely buries all the other topics.

But will give it a shot.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 31, 2006 10:34 am

i liked the old way better too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting