Where are the Millwood posts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where are the Millwood posts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where are the Millwood posts?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:21 am

Millwood carries a perfect game into the 6th, pitches a 3 hitter, walks only 1 (.44 WHIP), complete game shutout, strikes out 8, and no one says anything about it!? Where's the enthusiasm, especially considering many of you were crapping your pants about his last two starts. Let's hear it for a brilliantly pitched game.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:00 am

I couldnt be more pleased. Before the week started i traded away K.Brown for Millwood. I got a lot of people that told me i was stupid for doing so in my league. K.Brown got 9 pts this week. K.Millwood got me 39 pts this week. So far it looks pretty good for me. Now if Millwood can keep it up the rest of the way. I probably gave up alot at the time for Millwood but, still alot of baseball left and didnt want to risk having nothing if Brown were to break down here in the next couple wks.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:05 am

Brown is definitely scary 'cause he could go down at any second. I like the trade just 'cause of the peace of mind it brings.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:11 am

I made a comment about Kevin before...here...but I think he will be just fine....glad I started him tonight.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:14 am

Millwood never gets any love .. But he is going to gets shitloads of love this winter/spring. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Quaker » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:39 am

Seriously, when most pitchers have a perfect/complete game through 3 innings, people start posting inning updates. Millwood has a perfect through 5, and there isn't a single mention. I read this in the game recap: he threw fastballs 98 of his 105 pitches (93 percent)- that's ridiculous.

When this guy's on, he's on. I pitched him tonight and I have Wolf going tomorrow- and I expect the same thing ;-D
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:33 am

philly has a pretty good rotation this year, if only bowa could snipe mesa.... ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers