Who u got in the College WS???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who u got in the College WS????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bricklayer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:48 am

SkeetNation wrote:The U hasn't played up to their usual standards the past oh 3 years or so really, but I live and die with 'em.

Plus I think they benefitted from an easy regional (save for Nebraska) they had to deal with University of Than Franthithco and Manhattan.

Anyone know anything about Ole Miss? (their super regional opponent)

I do. ;-D I'm a Ole Miss fan, so I may be a little biased, but I think they have a heck of a team this year. VERY good offense and a decent pitching staff. They went through the SEC tourney in a 4 game sweep, and they could easy put up 8-12 runs a game when they get rolling.

What about Miami? Any players I need to be on the lookout for while I'm up there watching the games?
Bricklayer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gator » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:33 am

Your sleeper is done.
Gator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Gator » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:35 am

I would say that Mizzou, (although they should have been a #3 seed) is the sleeper..

with that Schscerscercswer (SPELLING?) kid, pitching on every 3 days, man... he's a scary thought come super's time...

and they came out of what was said to be the toughest regional.
Gator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:51 am

Red Stripe wrote:
Gator wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Watch out for the UNC tar heels. They've got two great pitchers in Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard. Decent offense too. They're in the super regionals now and they're my sleeper team.

Carolina is a national seed, thats not sleeper material, sleeper material is C of C.. college of charleston.. now theres a sleeper.

And UNC may have Bard and Miller, but on the year, Clemson had the best pitching and hitting combo nationally, rank #5 in ERA, all three "weekend" starters ERA below 3.00.. no other team in the country boasts that.

with the offense to boot, Colvin, D'Alessio, Demmink.. watch out, here come the tigers.

I'm talking about for the super regionals and College World Series, not the regionals. When there's 8 teams and your not ranked in the top 8 going into the tournament and playing the number 4 team in the super regionals then your a sleeper.

Yeah, well, UNC joins the "ACC" bracket in the CWS.. I see a Clemson - CSF final in that one, Clemson Plays South Carolina in the final, beats em in 2.. an ALL SOUTH CAROLINA final.. how bout that...
Gator
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball