Who u got in the College WS???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who u got in the College WS????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Mugrila wrote:NC State takes out Texas. ;-D


Then they go on to lose to Stanford. :-t
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 pm

alwaysnextyear wrote:nevermind, dumb question. They won 15- 8 over Jacksonville. I read somewhere that they were ranked 7th in the nation. Is that true?



According to Baseball America They Are
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:19 am

Watch out for the UNC tar heels. They've got two great pitchers in Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard. Decent offense too. They're in the super regionals now and they're my sleeper team.
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:53 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Watch out for the UNC tar heels. They've got two great pitchers in Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard. Decent offense too. They're in the super regionals now and they're my sleeper team.


Carolina is a national seed, thats not sleeper material, sleeper material is C of C.. college of charleston.. now theres a sleeper.

And UNC may have Bard and Miller, but on the year, Clemson had the best pitching and hitting combo nationally, rank #5 in ERA, all three "weekend" starters ERA below 3.00.. no other team in the country boasts that.

with the offense to boot, Colvin, D'Alessio, Demmink.. watch out, here come the tigers.
Image
Gator
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 103
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:24 pm

true sleeper is evansville ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby eazyb81 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:50 pm

How about those Missouri Tigers!!!!

;-D

Four wins a row, including two over top seed Pepperdine, to become the first 4 seed to win a regional.

Go Tigers!
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 236
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby SkeetNation » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:02 pm

The U hasn't played up to their usual standards the past oh 3 years or so really, but I live and die with 'em.

Plus I think they benefitted from an easy regional (save for Nebraska) they had to deal with University of Than Franthithco and Manhattan.

Anyone know anything about Ole Miss? (their super regional opponent)
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 323
Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 pm

pretty good team from what i saw of them, when they played the sec teams
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:13 pm

Gator wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Watch out for the UNC tar heels. They've got two great pitchers in Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard. Decent offense too. They're in the super regionals now and they're my sleeper team.


Carolina is a national seed, thats not sleeper material, sleeper material is C of C.. college of charleston.. now theres a sleeper.

And UNC may have Bard and Miller, but on the year, Clemson had the best pitching and hitting combo nationally, rank #5 in ERA, all three "weekend" starters ERA below 3.00.. no other team in the country boasts that.

with the offense to boot, Colvin, D'Alessio, Demmink.. watch out, here come the tigers.


I'm talking about for the super regionals and College World Series, not the regionals. When there's 8 teams and your not ranked in the top 8 going into the tournament and playing the number 4 team in the super regionals then your a sleeper.
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:15 pm

SkeetNation wrote:The U hasn't played up to their usual standards the past oh 3 years or so really, but I live and die with 'em.

Plus I think they benefitted from an easy regional (save for Nebraska) they had to deal with University of Than Franthithco and Manhattan.

Anyone know anything about Ole Miss? (their super regional opponent)


Trust me, Nebraska was nothing for them. Manhattan and SanFran were probably more trouble for them than Nebraska. They were pathetic in the tourney.
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact