Milledge or Weaver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Milledge or Weaver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milledge or Weaver

Postby SwingandaMiss » Mon May 29, 2006 12:17 pm

I'm thinking of using my waiver spot on weaver, but i really want to grab milledge....any idea on his progress, if and when he may join the mets and when he does, will he be an every day player? anyone got the scoop?
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwisherSweet » Mon May 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Grab Weaver......quick.....Weaver will help an Angels rotation in need...now this season........I love Milledge....But he will not play this year...Mets believe in Floyd, and will stick with him...Mets believe they can win it all, and will go with a seasoned vet......if they were bums, Milledge would see time....I think the kid is one of the best out there...but Weaver is your short term option
SwisherSweet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannyolbb » Mon May 29, 2006 7:41 pm

I don't think Milledge will see any real time this year. Weaver is the way to go unless you're in a keeper.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 30, 2006 12:11 pm

In a redraft league I would use my priority on Weaver. Milledge might not even be called up until the rosters expand and it would take a trade of Floyd or Nady for him to see any substantial playing time. In a keeper league it would really depend on my team. If I was weak in pitching I would still use it to grab Weaver.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm

Lol. Of course as soon as I post that Milledge gets called up and will start tonight with Nady going on the DL. :-B
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwingandaMiss » Tue May 30, 2006 2:20 pm

Amazinz wrote:Lol. Of course as soon as I post that Milledge gets called up and will start tonight with Nady going on the DL. :-B

yeah, didn't think it was going to happen this soon....rumors have it that this may be a permanent assignment.....
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dplymkr88 » Tue May 30, 2006 5:12 pm

if he comes up and plays well, either Cliff or the X man could be on their way out. I would say probably Cliff but who knows.
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sunspot » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:32 am

I have started to smarten up to the fact that all NEW YORK, both Mets and Yankees, prospects have always tended to be overhyped. If you look at Milledges stats, there really isn't much to go nuts over. Don't get me wrong, he could develope into something special, but at this point he could still go either way. If you are comparing Milledge and Weaver. There is no doubt that Weaver is the one to go after now, good pitchers are harder to come by, and if he keeps pitching well, he will stick in the rotation. Milledge on the other hand has a crowded road to playing time. These are Milledge's best season total for HR's is 15, RBI's 66, SB's 26 and that was all in A ball. His small AAA sample isn't very special.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:44 am

Sunspot wrote:I have started to smarten up to the fact that all NEW YORK, both Mets and Yankees, prospects have always tended to be overhyped. If you look at Milledges stats, there really isn't much to go nuts over. Don't get me wrong, he could develope into something special, but at this point he could still go either way. If you are comparing Milledge and Weaver. There is no doubt that Weaver is the one to go after now, good pitchers are harder to come by, and if he keeps pitching well, he will stick in the rotation. Milledge on the other hand has a crowded road to playing time. These are Milledge's best season total for HR's is 15, RBI's 66, SB's 26 and that was all in A ball. His small AAA sample isn't very special.

I've noticed that in Milledge's specific case. He is a highly touted player and yet his minor league numbers don't support it. It's either a New York phenomenom or it could also simply be that he's an extremely 'toolsy' type of player that the traditional scouts go crazy about.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby DirtyKash » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:01 am

Sunspot wrote:I have started to smarten up to the fact that all NEW YORK, both Mets and Yankees, prospects have always tended to be overhyped.

What, like David Wright, Derek Jeter or Jose Reyes?
DirtyKash
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball