meche, suppan or padilla? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

meche, suppan or padilla?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

meche, suppan or padilla?

Postby neal cassady » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:06 am

with prior coming off the dl on tuesday, i have to drop one of these 3 guys. i just picked up suppan. i figured if he could win 11 games with the pirates, he is bound to do well with the sox. meche also has 11 wins, padilla has 10. they are both coming off decent outings but padilla struggled in the second half last year and meche has never pitched a full season. my other pitchers are halladay, wood, prior, webb, harden, and millwood, although im trying to unload millwood in a deal for brett boone. i dont need k's, but do need wins, era and whip. i dont know why, and i feel most of you will disagree, but im leaning towards dumping padilla based on last years meltdown. thanks for your help.
neal cassady
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby crazybob60 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:15 am

I like Padilla and I really like Suppan especially since he got back to a contender in the Soxs. I expect huge things from him here on out. I would drop Meche as I continue to see him fade into oblivion until they insert Soriano into his role, he just won't be able to hold it up in the second half.
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Padilia

Postby d18Mike » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:30 am

Padilla. No question. But be prepared to ride the waves a little with him. He's inconsistent -- but over time the numbers justify the gray hairs.

Suppan has a lousy record in the AL. Peter Gammons was commenting on that last night. Be sure to look into that before you choose.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:52 am

1 padilla
2 suppan
3 meche
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:13 pm

I'd drop Meche or Padilla.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:46 pm

Padilla is obviously the best here, given the team that he's on and he should continue to keep his ERA in the 3.50-3.80 range, making him a solid second tier starter.

Meche seems to be wearing down, but I still like him the second best of this group, because he plays on a solid team, with excellent defense and in a great pitchers park. Suppan would be the one I'd least want to have, because of his past performance in the AL and his horrible career record at Fenway. He will likely get more wins, but his ERA will probably skyrocket in Boston.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:07 pm

Meche needs like two weeks off to gain his curve back. His curve has lost around 2 inches on its break.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers