Please Help me....I dont know what to do - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Please Help me....I dont know what to do

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon May 29, 2006 2:39 am

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:You're thinking too much. I'd have already called her.

Then again, I am on my second marriage, so I'm not an expert or anything. :-o

Bowling accident? Lose the first wife in a riskee poker game?

Both 8-o .

:-b

Nah, just one of those things. I misjudged the type of person she is/was, and I won't bash her no matter how much she deserves it. Plus, last I heard, she's over 1,300 miles away from me, so that's just fine too. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:28 am

In what sense was she 'with' Zack? As his prom date? That would not necessarily a big deal since you *cough cough* blew her off for that. It seems unlikely, based on the sociological paradigms that have been reported for teenagers, that she would have been 'dating' Zack as much as recognizing that there was something going on.

I'd suspect that if she was making out with you either 1) you have a chance or 2) she was also schlitzed and it was a fluke and, since she felt the need to give you the Heisman Trophy Image, using poor Zack as a 'stiff arm' to get you to slow down/ back off/ whatever. Maybe there's a shot, maybe there isn't. Interestingly, you may not EVER really stop thinking of her so you may want to go ahead and do whatever sort of maneuvers you have, if only to properly frame things at this juncture. Hopefully you will get a home run, as it were.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Fireball Express » Mon May 29, 2006 8:21 am

Something similar happened to me right before I left to go to college.
What ensued was probably the biggest mistake in my life.

You see, when you were away she felt the need to kiss some other guy. This will repeat itself when you are away at college. A tiger's stripes don't change. Staying with her would be a big mistake. You don't need the added stress of an unfaithful girlfriend when you are taking on a new experience like college. You will be meeting all sorts of girls when you go away. You don't want to be that guy who is hung up on his high school sweetheart. You will miss out on the new opportunities that come with meeting new people in college.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=210312
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 29, 2006 10:32 am

acsguitar wrote:My advice is go to college forget about her and have the time of your life

yes yes yes

Your situation with this girl is anything but solid. There is a whole other world out there; check it out before limiting yourself.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stevethumb » Mon May 29, 2006 6:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:My advice is go to college forget about her and have the time of your life

As short-sighted, pig headed, yadda yadda, some people may view this; it's actually the correct advice (in my opinion, of course). This is coming from a guy who is ENGAGED to the girl he met in college -- and there are more than just a few occasions I wish I'd have spent more of my undergraduate career 'single'. It is the ultimate fun.
...this is the best advice you will receive....enjoy your summer .. hang out at the cape or the north shore beaches and HAVE FUN !! when you get to college and you start meeting all those great looking gals (and they will probably be a tad smarter than this girl) you will be glad you aren't encumbered by a high school thang
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 29, 2006 6:59 pm

There is no one standout answer. You could talk with her and share with her your feelings, but I think my advice to you is just take a vacation away from her for a while. I can understand that you're a few days removed from her and all these feelings are brewing inside you, but give it a good think, give yourself some time to reflect, some time to breathe. I'm not saying isolate yourself from the world in the process, but you just have to take life with stride. You're young and you're off to that wonderful world called college where you'll explore more about yourself, more about the world, more about other people, and you'll meet others, some who may pitch in with a different perspective about life. I know that whole thing about college sounds cliche, but it's true.

Reading your story reminds me of high school. I was in a similar situation. In my junior year I fell in love with a senior girl, who was in a relationship. She fell for me too, but it was a confusing time, and one thing led to another, and she was out of my life and moved on to college. That very summer, I couldn't get her out of my head too and it affected me in almost everything I did. But hey, I've always believed time heals all wounds, and I got through it somehow and you will too. I had a wonderful senior year and after thinking it through, I decided to go to college with this girl and somewhere down the line, we got into a relationship, but it was a rocky one. So, sometimes things don't pan out and sometimes they do.

I'm sure we can all relate to what you're going through in some way, but right now, I think you should think ahead. If fate has it that you're supposed to get together with this girl, fine, but let things take its course. But just give yourself some time to breathe, reflect, and yes, live.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Previous

Return to General Talk