Strategy Question (new to H2H) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Strategy Question (new to H2H)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strategy Question (new to H2H)

Postby Airzoom32 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:38 pm

I am playing in a head to head league for the first time ever. 7 years of roto, the rest of the league wanted to mix it up (which is code for they didn't want me to win a 5th title in a row). Through the first 1/3 of the season I am still in 13/18 and don't know when to panic. I have a lot of injuries but since I have never done H2H I really don't know how far out is too far out. At what point should I start worrying/taking bigger risks? How long would you wait on players like Sheets/Patterson/Hamels? I am really in the dark hear because I have no prior knowledge in this area. Are there any basic rules I should take into account? Thanks for the help.

I am 41-53-4 23GB

18-Team H2H 7X7 (R,HR,RBI,SB,K,AVG,OPS / W,L,K,SV,HLD,ERA,WHIP)

C (1) - M. Barrett
1B (1) - Thome
2B (1) - M. Giles
3B (1) - D. Wright
SS (1) - B. Crosby
OF (3) - J. Bay, C. Patterson, K. Griffey Jr
UTL(1) - A. Rowand
Bench - A. Huff

SP (2) - S. Kazmir, B. Tomko
RP (2) - Lidge, M. Gonzalez
P (2) - S. Shields, JJ Putz
Bench - C. Hamels, T. Wakefield
DL - Sheets, Patterson
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Sun May 28, 2006 8:12 pm

Trade away Lidge and Gonzalez for areas that you are week in.

I am personally a fan of punting saves in H2H. Let the other guy take that category, where you better your chances in others.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby West Coast Fan » Sun May 28, 2006 8:13 pm

I see 20 players including the two on DL.
Offense isn't bad, but Crosby has been a disappointment and you're assuming Huff gets going in the 2nd half. Wakefield may get you some wins, but he's going to kill your ERA. I would think you could drop Patterson and p/u some other starter. R Ortiz (Nationals) pitched well today, and J Wright (NY) as well. I picked up Wright and got the win today. Cain (SF) pitched well enough to win yesterday and may be getting his game together. Your #1 starter is Kazmir (Sheets on DL for quite awhile). You also may want to drop Shields and p/u a starter. He may help your ERA and WHIP but in week to week scoring, one bad outing by a starter and you'll lose 2 categories without a starter to provide a quality start.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun May 28, 2006 9:39 pm

When to start worrying depends on how many teams make the playoffs. With the injuries that you have you should be in good shape if you make it into the playoffs. If you're getting nervous that you won't be able to snag the last playoff slot then that's when you start making some moves.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers