Barry Bonds: 2nd All-Time in HR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds: 2nd All-Time in HR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:52 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:And what do you do? You jump out of your shoes to defend Babe and Hank. Not Bonds though. Bonds is a dirty cheat. ;-7


where the hell did i defend hank???


You got pretty defensive about it right here....



The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Aaron and Ruth were cheaters too. That's DK's point.


show some evidence before you pass on your garbage.


;-7


gimmie a freakin break, read the context of my post where i said that. i was speaking on ruth and just quoting you.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:gimmie a freakin break, read the context of my post where i said that. i was speaking on ruth and just quoting you.



I LOVE how this is the one theme you continue to focus on. :-b No response to the countless other posts on the previous page, that have disproved everything you've said? ;-7

I'm really interested to hear it. You want me to apologize? Fine. You never defended Hank (I don't know this because I haven't gone back and read, but frankly, I don't care...I want to see you respond to the other posts made).

Well? On with it... :-)
Last edited by BronXBombers51 on Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PinotResa » Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
PinotResa wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Do you understand why people think the Bonds Haters here are hypocrites?


back to the pot calling the kettle black. you are doing the same exact thing, just with far less evidence to support what you say. well actually zero evidence.


You guys are accusing Bonds of something without any hard facts. All you've presented is hearsay from some book that two SF journalists with a grudge against Bonds have printed.

So we played along. You want to call Bonds a cheater? Ok. Well Babe is a cheater too. Hammerin' Hank was a lousy cheater as well.

And what do you do? You jump out of your shoes to defend Babe and Hank. Not Bonds though. Bonds is a dirty cheat. ;-7

Oh...and Hank Aaron admitting he used greenies is 'zero evidence'? Perry admitting that he doctored baseballs is 'zero evidence'? Multiple sources reporting that Babe used trick bats is 'zero evidence'?

And what's your Bonds evidence? Irod clad? ;-7


What's funny (and now I will have to find it), is that Ruth was quoted all over the place complaining about the commish making the Crawford bat illegal. That's so Ruth.... talk about using common sense Miner.


wow he complained because he had a legal advantage taken from him. what is your point?


My point is he didn't try to hide it, he did it, he kept doing it afterword and that's all typical of Ruth's personality. It makes common sense.
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 238
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm

PinotResa wrote:My point is he didn't try to hide it, he did it, he kept doing it afterword and that's all typical of Ruth's personality. It makes common sense.


youve showed no evidence of him doing it afterword.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:58 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
PinotResa wrote:My point is he didn't try to hide it, he did it, he kept doing it afterword and that's all typical of Ruth's personality. It makes common sense.


youve showed no evidence of him doing it afterword.


Even if he didn't, what the difference?

He tried to gain an advantage. It wasn't illegal in baseball when he did it. It was made illegal afterward, because of him.

Sounds AWFULLY like what Bonds did...doesn't it? :-D
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:59 pm

[quote="BronXBombers51"]I don't care...I want to see you respond to the other posts made.[quote]

well like most of team 25 you make 15 points and expect to me answer them all. get focused and make a point and ill respond to it.

oh and rely heavily on emotiocons, it really speaks well of you.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:59 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't care...I want to see you respond to the other posts made.


well like most of team 25 you make 15 points and expect to me answer them all. get focused and make a point and ill respond to it.

oh and rely heavily on emotiocons, it really speaks well of you.


;-D ;-D :-D :-) :-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 8:07 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't care...I want to see you respond to the other posts made.


well like most of team 25 you make 15 points and expect to me answer them all. get focused and make a point and ill respond to it.

oh and rely heavily on emotiocons, it really speaks well of you.


;-D ;-D :-D :-) :-b


And pictures too. ;-D

Image

715!!!!!!!!!!
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PinotResa » Wed May 31, 2006 8:17 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
PinotResa wrote:My point is he didn't try to hide it, he did it, he kept doing it afterword and that's all typical of Ruth's personality. It makes common sense.


youve showed no evidence of him doing it afterword.


It's there, trust me. There are newspaper articles of the day where Ruth is quoted complaining about the bats and references to umps catching him using them later on. In your case, you'd probably have to go search the archieves of old newspapers. In my case, I understand history, the sources I've read this info from and really don't care enough to pay someone and the NYT to dig it up and send it to me. Sorry I don't have one of the modern articles reffering to Ruth's Crawford bat use, post 1923. For what it's worth, common sense should tell you he did use them post 1923.
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 238
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:36 pm

Jimmy Leyland's got the right idea...

Controversy or no controversy, Leyland would like to see the accomplishment recognized.

"I'm not looking for any trouble," he said, "but I think they're singling out Barry Bonds, and I think it's totally unfair. I just think it's totally singling Barry Bonds out. I love baseball. I love the history of it. But who the heck knows how many home runs were hit with corked bats? Who knows how many games where the pitcher doctored the ball for one game? Does anybody know for sure? No. So to me, they should let it lie. If you want to think what you want to think, that's fine."


http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... p&c_id=det
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 15:40 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact